Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Reading this just made me smile. I talked to Ivan not too long ago and he said it was in the works but now that I know it's almost here is like Christmas. I'm still all bone stock in the engine department and have been waiting for this. I'm still trying to understand how it works with the Z since before this I was GSXR guy and I never had to do anything with the ECU itself. I'm more familiar at with the power commander map method since that's the setup I came from on my last bike.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Has he found the fuel cut to disable mate?

I believe so, i did text him and ask last week. He did reply to that but said he had the lot decoded..(or at least his software guy did)....ill ask him again the day i drop it off....the 4th next month...

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Take my money
Well, theorectically - lets say mine comes back with all the mods done, power up by what is expected (say 25 - 30bhp), fuel cut off done, flapper valve motor removed, o2 sensor removed, no power commander needed....all hunky dory.....

If I ask him and he agrees, he may do a mail in service - assuming you've got pretty well the same set up as me....whose interested in that....? if enough are (and he's successful - I am the guinea pig here) how many of you are up for that??

My set up is

Full arrow system, twin exit
V&H Brawlers
K&N
Block off kit....

Nothing ground breaking....just your standard mods...

Digressing a little....I was just coming out of the local supermarket at lunchtime...sat on the roundabout, 1098 streetfighter went across the roundabout, copped me and opened it up, from a slow rolling start I managed to successfully reel him in by the next set of lights (he ended up being about 4 or 5 meters in front) and I knew he was going for it as I could see his right arm franticly twisting the throttle feeding gears in....not bad for something 20 bhp down that's not even seen the dyno yet....

· Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Make sure he pulls a before run so we see the gain from stock ecu. I know he will but the increase will then be a true gain measurement. I got 20 just with PCV etc etc and a great tuner so anything on that will be ecu gain. Good luck with it mate. 25 -30 is in the realm of possibility. Then it will be welcome to the world of 3rd to 4th high speed wheelies...

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hey comfysofa.. is it ok if you make a new thread for your tuner? So the thread wont get flooded with different info? Also so people would actually look up on the thread "4th gen ecu flash uk" or something instead.. in that way to you might be able to recruit that are actually interested overseas or esp. In the uk with same bike...

· Registered
104 Posts
So Comfy tell me if I am right here. You are running an Arrow 71609MI headers with cat removed (4:2:2) back to a set of V&H Urban brawlers. O2 sensor removed with block of plates and a KN filter. Is that correct?

Very curious with ECU tune what your HP gain will be and want to make sure I have your layout correct. 25-30HP gain with a very basic setup like that would be awesome. Hell 10-15 would be good. Can't wait to see outcome. I would easily send my ECU in for flash for that type of power gain.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Yep...thats it....as i say...ive no idea whats going to happen...lets see....i know its completely different but essentially the same setup but he worked wonders with my hypermotard 110evo....went from 85 bhp to 98bhp and the foot poundage in the midrange from 55 to 72....all with no pcv.....he knows his stuff alright...

O2 sensor is in place at the moment buy he said once hes done then it has to be removed...

Im guessing because of the beautiful analogness of it all therell be no throttle learning to be done....plug in and go....as other people have said on here its not necessarily the bhp but the driveability which is what i first noticed...and one of the reasons i chose the zed over the s1000r....price wasnt the issue as i could afford the beemer even though it was more but preferred the zed...if i could have that amplified again with all the performance goodies on there that would be amazing...

21 - 40 of 62 Posts