Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
good news gen 4 owners.. patience has rewarded us..
Ivan has successfully flashed the ECU with most of the gen3 tuning program with fantastic results. ...the new ecu is much better than the gen3 unit as he stated..
Don't bother with the woolich software as it doesn't offer any of the needed areas that must be adjusted to get the proper results.
The really good news is that the flash will be 90% due to kawasaki getting their **** together!! and It will be fuel tuner optional.

2015 Kawasaki Z1000 / Z1000SX
(Not available yet - please don't call and ask when - I'm very thorough and won't release it until it's ready - working on it every day now - Shouldn't be much longer)

I am pleased to announce that I have successfully re-programmed the stock Z1000 & Ninja 1000 ECU to my own exacting specifications as listed below.

No need for FCE or any fuel controller - Fuel controller is optional.

My Z1000/Ninja1000 ECU programming (Re-Flash) includes: - NOT FINISHED YET - Here's some of it.

1) Low gear power limiters removed

2) Disable speed limiter (Ninja/SX)

3) Disable fuel cut for flawless throttle control

4) Re-program sub-throttles for max power and driveability at any rpm and throttle position

5) Cooling fans come on at 200 degrees

6) Reduced engine braking on decel

7) Disable Exhaust Servo error code- No need for exhaust servo eliminator (EXUP eliminator) anymore (Z1000 only)

8) Complete re-curve of ignition timing at all throttle positions - optimized for 89 octane fuel (premium fuel not necessary)

9) Raise rev-limit to 11,500 rpm

10) Anything that compromises performance and/or driveability is eliminated.

11) My tuning program :
Throttle "quality" is flawless in the corners.... it makes rediculous power and good mileage as well with no flat areas , no matter what you do with the throttle... even at low revs.

12) Free upgrades when/if we make improvements. (shipping not included)

13) Return your ecu back to stock at no charge for any reason.
(shipping not included)

14) Answers to all your questions.....

All testing was done in house on Ivan's personal Ninja 1000 / Z1000SX testbike

ECU reprogramming may not comply with federal safety/emission laws
ECU reprogramming may not comply with your warranty

· Registered
102 Posts
Ivan has successfully flashed the ECU with most of the gen3 tuning program with fantastic results. ...the new ecu is much better than the gen3 unit as he stated..
Don't bother with the woolich software as it doesn't offer any of the needed areas that must be adjusted to get the proper results.
The really good news is that the flash will be 90% due to kawasaki getting their **** together!! and It will be fuel tuner optional.
dyno start next week!!
So if I am reading this right, and what I have read to date, you get rid of the Fuel cut off via the flash (and other stuff) and don't need the add on FCE and you can just get the re-flash without the PCV for overall improved fueling but for the best, you would add the PCV to get the full up map, correct?

· Registered
1,733 Posts
dyno start next week!!

Awesome for you guys! Let us know how awesome Ivan did on this one.

'03 Z

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I am reading this right, and what I have read to date, you get rid of the Fuel cut off via the flash (and other stuff) and don't need the add on FCE and you can just get the re-flash without the PCV for overall improved fueling but for the best, you would add the PCV to get the full up map, correct?
yes, your revs will be like an ss bike and fuel cut is better with the flash.. yes pcv, or PCFC which cost like 220 usd

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unless you have the new intake cams and, bigger intake funnels and revised exhaust (bigger link pipes) lol
and for sure it will be good..
i wonder whats the effect of the exhaust of gen 4 to gen 3..

· Registered
36 Posts
Just wondered....mines booked in for the 4th of next month - the lad who did my hypermotard says he's got full control over the gen 4 ecu....mine'll be his first so we'll see what happens...
Keep this in mind. ... If he uses the Woolich software, your ecu will be locked and no other computer will be able to communicate with it forever.

Unless he disassembles his own files and has his own proprietary software to program your ecu, he will be constrained by someone else's work and will be limited by the same.

Ivan

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Love the Woolich concept. It would be fun to play with my ecu, at home.

However, its obvious they cover way, way too many individual motorcycles to be great at any of them. I'm sure all bikes have some similar flaws theirs might take care of, but you wont get the quality of someone whos been working with this specific bike since 2011.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Just got a text back from dyno bloke. He has a guy who does the coding for him. The ecu will not be locked. He's catagorically said that its all his own software and is expecting to see some good results....ill post my dyno results. If its all good is anyone here interested uk side? Saying that im assuming if he dynos mine and someone was to set their bike up then he "could" do a mail order service but i do know that he always likes to have the bike as no 2 engines are the same...

· Registered
1,116 Posts
While the zed is not one hes done before he has done a zx10 nd got it over 200bhp but i dont know if there was any engine work done....his bread and butter is ducatis (he had my hyper 1100 that i used to own) which he worked wonders for...

· Registered
1,733 Posts
He hasnt mentioned woolwich software? Can you explain more? As far as i lnow it will be reprogrammable? Although i will ask him...

Hey Comfysofa. As far as I know, which isnt far, a lot of the guys that reprogram ECUs use software that changes the password to the ecu and thus the only one with the new password is that programmer and that computer. I may be wrong. But I am pretty sure thats the (possible) issue that comes further down the road when the ecu needs to be reprogrammed again.

'03 Z

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Ah, right, so its not something that locks it by design (i mentioned it to the lad thats doing mine and he said that was bad practice) ie something that has to happen in order to for it to be modded. I really cant wait for mine to get done....hes getting it on a friday while im at work but im gonna see if i can get out to shoot some video of it on there.

· Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Awaiting results mate. Will be interesting to see what the end results are. This I mean how it feels on the road riding. Dyno figures are cool but the power delivery and how smooth it runs is what counts. Get that right and the hp will follow, besides it's torque that gets the blood pumping. Has he found the fuel cut to disable mate?

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Question.....What rear tire lasts 700 miles after ivan is done reflashing your bike?

Answer...Michelin Pilot Power3. Its being shredded like a dirt bike knobby. Michelin put me on their Christmas card list after the reflash.

Not complaining. I'll probably shred one more before I settle down. The low end is so very much fun. You gen 4 guys might even get better results than I did...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts