Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 z1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you read my last post discussion I’ve been having problems with my ‘04 z1000 when trying to pull back on throttle in 1 single fast motion that bike seems to die out and jerk and I was told it could be a fuel problem but myself am not a huge mechanic, so was wondering should I just replace the fuel pump and filter itself or what any ideas ?

·
Registered
594 Posts
i read something interesting in the service manual the other day and it made a lot of sense. kawasaki said don’t replace any part unless you know what caused the problem in the first place. good advice as you could replace the part and have it break all over again. it’s called root cause failure analysis. basically the heart of the problem. now with that said , i’ve read on this forum two relatively two common failures on the gen one. first is the fuel line from the tank to the throttle bodies has a special routing. goes in the forward direction then back to the throttle bodies. it also can get pinched and when heats up gets worse starving the engine of fuel. that is an easy check. second issue is the ecu gets too hot and starts to fail. another member confirmed this by adding a heat sink to temporarily provide additional cooling capability to the ecu getting the bike to run correctly again. i suggest doing some research on this web site as you probably find a lot of information. also, here is the link to the service manuals if you have not already found it. spend some time with it. ton of great info in there worth learning. fuel pumps do fail, but there is way to check that in the service manual. what checks have you completed thus far?

·
Registered
594 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts