Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
surprised that the sx model gets all the goodies, but the price reflects that too.
The Z1000 didn't get any of the toys because it's an end of line model. The ZH2 is it's apparent replacement.

When I bought my Z new last year the dealer seemed quite surprised I hadn't gone for the SX with all the bells and whistles. He had none in stock and it took a week for him to source one. The fact is,I wanted a naked bike and whilst I'm not anti with regard to rider aids,I rode my 04 ZX10R for 15 years with no aids at all,so I didn't feel like I was missing out. The SX is a cracking bike and probably more suited to how I ride,but it wasn't what I wanted!

Anyway,the Z1000 gen 4 appears to be the last incarnation and that's why there are no updated toys ZM.

You could always buy an SX and strip off the bits you don't like to get to what you do like. Do your own Gen 5. :cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just looked at the prices of the SX and the Z1000R they both cost around the same. That's up over 2k since I bough mine last year. :eek:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
competition is stiff though. triumph just updated their 1200rs. fooking has all the goodies just about. i don’t see the ZH2 having anywhere close the number of sales the Z1000 has had. this new triumph is 177hp @ 437 lbs wet and a track day killer with Ohlins.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The ZH2 probably is the Z1000 gen 5.

If the big K had made it less...homely looking and weighing 40kgs less,then we'd be whistling.

I'd even take the 40kgs less and leave the looks as is!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
still kinda seems like there is a bike missing from the line up. you have the z900 at $9k and a zH2 at $17,500-ish. nothing in between with value in performance to compete in the naked world. seem like people will go for a mt-10 or gsx-s at about $13/14k. maybe your right, take a ninja sx for $12,600 and take the cowlings off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts