Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2010 Z1000
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thought I'd finally introduce myself and my Ride
They call me Shakes or Shakey been riding for last 10 or so yrs late starter to the life on 2wheels
Here's my Z1000 2010
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Land vehicle

Interested to know what mods are essential for the steed hit me up with your recommendations and tips please

Cheers
Shakes

Registered
2010 Z1000
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi sh8ke1, welcome to the forum brother!

so many modes available, what do you want to do?
Thanks for the welcome I'm wondering what performance mods there are? So I've got a full arrow system with M4 slip ons, it's got a power commander v . Is there any other supporting mods to run in conjunction with these to liven her up a little more?

Registered
What exactly do you go for suspension wise bud?
My model is the R,so it came with an Ohlins rear shock and although it's a budget job,it's still miles better than the stock Zed shock.

The forks I found to be harsh on the rubbish roads we have here. I could set them to deal with faster road use,but they would rattle your teeth when going at a more normal pace,then if I tried to get a more compliant setting,they were too soft for faster use. I went with a K-Tech cartridge kit and at the time they didn't do one for my bike,so it needed to be custom made. It cost me,but I'm happy with the result.

I suppose it depends what you want to use the bike for. I came from a ZX10R and maybe I'm a bit guilty of trying to change the Z1000 into a sportsbike,which it never will be,but it can be a lot better than stock.

There's a member on here named Ungarisch who has his Gen3 set up perfectly. If you search his posts,you'll find a load of useful info.

Registered
2010 Z1000
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My model is the R,so it came with an Ohlins rear shock and although it's a budget job,it's still miles better than the stock Zed shock.

The forks I found to be harsh on the rubbish roads we have here. I could set them to deal with faster road use,but they would rattle your teeth when going at a more normal pace,then if I tried to get a more compliant setting,they were too soft for faster use. I went with a K-Tech cartridge kit and at the time they didn't do one for my bike,so it needed to be custom made. It cost me,but I'm happy with the result.

I suppose it depends what you want to use the bike for. I came from a ZX10R and maybe I'm a bit guilty of trying to change the Z1000 into a sportsbike,which it never will be,but it can be a lot better than stock.

There's a member on here named Ungarisch who has his Gen3 set up perfectly. If you search his posts,you'll find a load of useful info.
Hey thanks heaps for the information will look into it more when cash allows. Atm just saving to get the suspension set to my weight maybe a little more firm side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts