Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What everybody picked up the z two weeks ago have 700 miles on.
I sold my 06 gsxr1000 it will be missed. The more seat time in this bike bike i'm loving it waiting on two bro slip on black series.

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
are you really a kid or are you like most of who post regularly on here (old) i'm 54 and some of these other guys are even older.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jrick speak for yourself I'm 47 years young and act like I'm half that. I refuse to grow up because thats when you grow old. ;)

·
Registered
875 Posts
keep that attitude. ican almost remember 47. but then again i can barely remember yesterday. i will never grow up either. these bikes help with that. post waqs with tongue firmly planted in cheek.(as most are) but seriuosly. the rex's and z's tend to draw an "older crowd" some of the surprised looks i get when i take off my helmet and people see a gray beard and a touch in the hair are priceless. maybe we need to start a "how old are you thread."

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm 29 just want something different i do miss the gsxr but the z makes up for it. I'm not worried about running 150 plus mph anymore I really have always like the naked look. not to mention this bike is a sleeper. I took the bike out saturday for some aggressive street riding this bike love the twisties and loves to be revved the **** out of.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
took my 04 Z 1000 up for a canyon ride Sunday. at the look out their are always bikes their. it never fails that a sport bike owner will come over and start asking me questions about my bike.after i tell them how nice it handles and how comfortable it is you can see the gears turning in their head. i do think a lot of them would rather ride a more comfortable bike, if it still handled and looked nice.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i agree to an extent, but many younger riders still want to be cool. in their minds they they have to have the rocket bikes, even though most will never use the power and handling to even 50% of what those bikes will do. i still haven't, well maybe, i've drug the right peg hard several times riding with rockets, but would rather slow down just alittle most of the time. this bike makes me a better rider if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Old?...huh?...that'd be me...old... and lovin' it!!!:eek::eek: Welcome to the fray Z1kid...I know you miss your gsxr...but this bike is a blast too!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the bike is a blast. I'm going back to hit the twisties saturday hopefully i will have a gopro. I ride with a group of guys every weekend Check out the web site assfaultjunkie.com Some of the guys race or track days then we do aggressive street riding. :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i must be the oldest person here ? 5-26-47. i sure do not take riding my bike for granted. i am thankful for every comfortable ride. i used to do a little fishing, now i am ether riding or in the garage tinkering. one thing good about being old. you do not worry about doing a lot of things that are not important. i used to like football and nascar. not now. i could not care less. i do not care to watch others having fun. if i cant do it i am not interested in seeing others do it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i hope we'll always be able to do that. my uncle is 65, and all he talks about is getting a trike. i hope if i live that long i'll still be on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorta New Zed Owner

Hey All,
LOL I'm bout to turn 44 , and I been gettin plenty of "ribbing and teasing" from all my cruiser buddies and all I can do is just smile say "let the good times roll"
I just got an 03z1000 back in July, it's my third Kawasaki. I love this bike. It allready had full Muzzys 4-1, and air-box mod. Loads of fun, allthough i find myself wondering how long will I wait to get 2010 model. Hmmmmm

·
Registered
875 Posts
mods for the 2010 are expensive. i paid just over 1000 for PCv, bcm filter, and muzzy full exhaust.still waiting for exhaust. akro exhaust alone costs that much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea I heard that jrick, I still need PC3 , Isn't the 2010beefy enough to not need a lot of mods? Gotta replace those stock cans though, they are the only thing I don't like about the Z. Maybe I can get one that someone has already Modded the heck out of it. But I would be perfectly happy with the 2010 off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
875 Posts
my son rides an 09 zx10r. it's the first time his bike is faster. it's killin' me. also. i have never ben able to leave any bike i own alone. have to make it mine.this bike is also way too quiet for me. sounds like a honda. oh, that what i said about my street bob with stock pipes. oh well if they don;t send it soon i may cancel and try to buy some 2011 stock black cans. i like the looks of them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts