Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello z-riders,
I did not think some demo ride was going to sway me from Honda, let alone get me to buy a new bike. When I found a dealer that had a 2010 discounted with a price I could not walk away from, I knew the wife was going to roll her eyes.
Hey this weather has to get better(raining now soon to be hot and humid) so I can break it in. I have maybe 55 miles on it, when starting the bike if I release the start button too quick it dies. I have to try holding the button longer and see if this cures the problem. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Hello z-riders,
I did not think some demo ride was going to sway me from Honda, let alone get me to buy a new bike. When I found a dealer that had a 2010 discounted with a price I could not walk away from, I knew the wife was going to roll her eyes.
Hey this weather has to get better(raining now soon to be hot and humid) so I can break it in. I have maybe 55 miles on it, when starting the bike if I release the start button too quick it dies. I have to try holding the button longer and see if this cures the problem. Anyone else have this happen?
Very common problem, seems like especially on the newer ones.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome. Now post some pics already. What is it with newbies and no pics? :p

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's just the orange and white one... figured everyone here knows what they look like. I haven't shot a pic of it yet.

But its yours not ours. We like to see all bikes. I know I love showing mine off

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
never had a kawa in the past. honda and suzuki. my last two sport bikes are a kawa ZRX and now a 2004 Z 1000. they just seem to make what i like.
enjoy the wonderful bike.
I did have a '82 GPZ 750 but I haven't looked at anything new til now. This Z is so fun to ride! It feels like my VTR250 but with a 1000cc engine in it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Very nice Z1 and than you for the photo.
Regarding the starting, as soon as you turn the key on hit the
starter button and hold it until the bike fires.
Dont wait to see the lights go all the way around.
Key on then hit start...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts