Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just signed up. I ride an 09 burnt candy orange Z1000 with sidewinder exhausts and a few other mods. Unfortunately I join looking for help as the bike has just stopped running.
I have checked the fuel and all fuses etc it has no spark. There are no faults showing on the display any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Okay, I will play Captain Obvious but have you checked to make sure the kill switch is in the run position?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep checked all the obvious stuff. Even got the tank off and fuel getting to injection system. Have taken a coil pack and fitted a spark plug but no spark. Everything else seams to be doing what it should

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
welcome....:welcome:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only time I experienced anything of the sort it was my power commander not fully plugged in. Main reason I responded was for every problem I have encountered with my z I have googled a full sentence describing my problem and found an answer that worked within a short period of time. Good luck. I know it seems simple yet a riding buddy of mine once called describing no spark and no code showing and we tracked it to the switch on his kick stand. Probably a rare occurrence.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Z100, no spark, no codes?

Hi just signed up. I ride an 09 burnt candy orange Z1000 with sidewinder exhausts and a few other mods. Unfortunately I join looking for help as the bike has just stopped running.
I have checked the fuel and all fuses etc it has no spark. There are no faults showing on the display any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please PM me if you find the problem. I'm trying to fix my grandson's 2006 Z1000. No spark, no codes. Turns over just fine. Kill switch checks out OK. Kick stand is up, bike is in neutral. I took the rear bolt off the gas tank so I could raise it enough to remove the incoming air temp sensor, and inserted a tube in the sensor hole. I sprayed starter fluid down the tube, but never got a cough, so there is NO spark. It has a new battery, and half a tank of fresh gas.
Would it still turn over with the kick stand up, if the kick stand switch is faulty?
Where is the yellow wire, mentioned in the manual, that I have to ground to check for codes? There is a spade lug connector near the battery with just a single black/yellow stripe wire. I think this must be the one referred to in the manual?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Man, I thought these bikes just ran and ran forever. I guess we all get old and need a tuneup from time to time. I dislike wiring troubles! There are so many things you can't see, hard to find even with a volt/ohm meter it takes forever. The dealers don't seem to do much better at finding them either. However, they don't have any problems charging you for the time it took NOT TO FIND ANYTHING! Good luck, to both of you guys. It is always something simple and probably the last place you'll look too. Ok, bad attempt at a joke there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts