Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

New stable mate

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Koggs 
#1 ·
got a pretty good deal on this Duc ...one owner. Pretty clean bike but had some minor issues.
Just installed the exhaust and seat (turning into a money pit already). Fired it up last night, came in the house, looked at the wife and said, in my best Italian voice... 'pure music to my ears-uh'. She said ...it's kinda loud isn't it? to which I said with a big fat grin.. 'ohhhh yes' :grin:>:)
Had today off so went out riding for a while. Really fun machine -feels well planted thru the corners and sounds freeking amazing. Good grunt but I have to admit, the Zed is still my fav. It just feels more advanced. Only a year newer but well refined.

pic from today - oh, it's an 09 1100s - really wanted a red frame Duc but then this showed up - the one owner and 'S' model sealed the deal. Will probably black it out at some point but for now, here she is

and this just after I brought'er home

from today

See less See more
#2 ·
With the dry clutch, I feel like I own a piece of history.

sweet ride.

--->lol went to go fill it with gas for her maiden voyage ...filled fairly close to the top rocked it back and forth and um, promptly sloshed gas on tank fairings and key area which then dripped on the frame etc etc. As I cussed myself, the gas attendant giggled and handed me more towels! I'm such a dork sometimes. Went home, cleaned it up then took off. Still an awesome day. :nerd:

#3 ·
That dry clutch for sure sounds like a box of rocks rattling around . Always loved a brand new one riding up and someone says hey man your bike is making a rely bad noise when you rolled up! Sounds like you let it roll off your back and had a a Great ride anyway. Two thumbs up!

#5 ·
That one has always been my favorite. I saw one , when I was in houston. It was for sale, used, and I think it was priced near 15k.

Why so high? The previous owner must have had a free pass through the ducati parts catalogue. He had added pretty much everything the catalogue offered. Brembo, Ohlins, exhaust, carbon fiber. A complete work of art. But, like yours, it had THAT look. Nothing I can explain, it just has "IT".

#8 ·
awesome man! Fun bikes for sure. Feel the rumble! Those Hypers are too tall at the seat for me. I really like em just doesn't fit. I think it'd be a great touring bike with a set of panniers.

Don't know about you, but I never ride with ear plugs when on the Duc. The sound is just too intoxicating. --lol, I hardly ride the Zed any more ! The Duc is really fun to ride.

peace out :cool:

#9 ·
Still ride my zed more than any of my other bikes. Ironically i went out with a bunch of lads ive never been out with before ( i know one of them, and it was his mates ) - ****ing looneys....i was on my RSV4 but, i think i would have gotten on better if i was on my zed as im more used to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.