Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
another 8 yr old thread by people who are no longer here .....
LOL! activity none-the-less!

haha ok, why not ...... first thing I changed was the tail, the seat and then the exhaust. The seat on the 3rd gens push you fwd too much.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I’m with Koggs it’s kind of slow around here lately. Just wait till Doc is gone.. like crickets

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I am still alive you lucky Z1000 Riding Bastards!

As it is, my super deal on the H2 is falling apart & the guy I sold my Perfect bike to will not sell it back to me!

And there are no more clean, low mile, 2016 post July 2015 build available...

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah the one you found was a garage 'barn find' of sorts. Not really ridden that much and always garaged.

gl mate. I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Thank you - there is a guy in Renton I have contacted several times but no replies back.

His only has 869 miles & its got only the yoshimura pipes which I will tear off day one.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
2015s have a tendency & some of the first two batches of pre August build 2016's have a tendency to 4th gear & neutral issues.

A known issue not rectified until the last batch of 2016's were made.

I would never buy a pre August 2015 build of a 2016 model.

If you dont have the issue, be Happy

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
It was not until August 2015 that Kawasaki performed the in factory, upgraded gearbox & clutch.

They had a tendency as you can discover on this site.

It doesn't mean your individual bike, has the Mark of Cain ...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I know the gen 4 (not sure about , bout gen 3 , but thought so too)have the gearbox issues. But as far as i know , that issue has not been adressed in any of the gen 4. You got a link to any of that information?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
don't skip read, you have to go deeper on some of the threads but then the questions & answers converge.

The Japanese guy who I purchased the bike from doesn't know anything mechanical but his Brother In Law worked at Kawasaki & informed him of the issue.

He purchased my 2016 bike, brand new, December 7th* 2017.

*same date Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour

·
Registered
287 Posts
don't skip read, you have to go deeper on some of the threads but then the questions & answers converge.

The Japanese guy who I purchased the bike from doesn't know anything mechanical but his Brother In Law worked at Kawasaki & informed him of the issue.

He purchased my 2016 bike, brand new, December 7th* 2017.

*same date Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour
I know about these issues... been on this forum and reading since 2014 . But then again 'fixed' issue is a hearsay thing. I'd have have to dig through some old fb posts, im pretty sure ive seen posts on later Z's that still have these issues. Never found any articles or proove this has been fixed.

I do know by my own experience the clutch has changed between 15-16 and between 16-17. But i cant deny or confirm with hard evidence kawasaki has improved the gearbox aswell...thus fixing 4th gear and false neutrals.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 43 Posts