Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been riding since '86 and have been through 49 USA states, 6 Mexican states and 6 Canadian provinces. Also ridden through a few countries in mainland Europe.

Never owned a Kawasaki before. In fact...never owned an inline 4 before. Closest I've come was my '82 VF500F Interceptor V4. Everything else has been singles and twins (flat, L, parallel and both directions of Vs.

When everyone else abandoned the small, light, agile and powerful solo sport tourers, Kawasaki comes to the rescue.

So I bought a black Ninja 1000. Should be able to pick it up this weekend.:)

Downside is I hear the frickin' case mounts have been on backorder for something like 6 months? Cases won't do me much good for a trip I have planned in a couple months. Also ordered the seat cowl, heated grips and a manual (also on backorder):rolleyes:

Ok...I'd better like this thing!;)

Enough about the bike. About me:
Mechanical engineer
ex landspeed and road racer
avid traveler
always work on my own stuff
guitar player since 1980
bloody know it all:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Enough about the bike. About me:
Mechanical engineer
ex landspeed and road racer
avid traveler
always work on my own stuff
guitar player since 1980
bloody know it all:D
Too bad you didn't live a little closer to SoCal sounds like we would get along great! :eek:ccasion:

Welcome aboard... :welcome:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too bad you didn't live a little closer to SoCal sounds like we would get along great! :eek:ccasion:

Welcome aboard... :welcome:
This was my planned trip. Got a few friends in San Diego that need hanging out with. Haven't had any time off yet this year and need to park my butt on the beach or something.

·
Registered
555 Posts
This was my planned trip. Got a few friends in San Diego that need hanging out with. Haven't had any time off yet this year and need to park my butt on the beach or something.
Drop me a PM when you get into SoCal. If I have my bike up and running maybe we can do a Mount Palomar ride down San Diego way or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts