Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2005 Z1000 today although I am in need of some parts to get her running. Can anyone tell me what other years/motorcycles are interchangeable for my bike? I was told some 636 models and other kawasaki bikes might work but not sure which ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Front wheel + rotor, caliper, etc
Complete front brake assembly
Master Cylinder + switches
Rear tail fairing
Speedometer/Gauges +mount
Gas tank

and I think thats it. Thanks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ouch, them are some expensive parts! Some you can find used, others from other bikes ie; mods and unfortunately some might be hard to find at all, used anyway. Good luck. Riders forums has an parts interchange listing thread. Z1K/Z750 Performance Upgrades
Good luck

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
looking at that link, theres alot of parts from different bikes that will interchange. thanks for the link

·
Registered
733 Posts
The tail sections are damn near impossible to come by depending on color. I had to find a used one for about $80 on eBay, with a crack in it. Apparently dealers can special order the tail fairing but there isn't anymore new stock, so Kawasaki has to make on for you, from what I'm told. From the stealership, that tail fairing is about $300 bucks alone :(.

The 636 tail sections fit tho. Make sure to include them in your search.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I bought my tail section from sun coast cycles. It was on eBay, but they have an online store too. Good place to find used parts, give'em a look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thank you guys for your help. rider forums really helped also. what year 636 tail section will fit? i have the undertail but do not have the whole fairing. on the z1k parts interchange list it also said zx6r tail fit but not specific years?

·
Registered
134 Posts
thank you guys for your help. rider forums really helped also. what year 636 tail section will fit? i have the undertail but do not have the whole fairing. on the z1k parts interchange list it also said zx6r tail fit but not specific years?

Z1000 interchangables (most basic)
2003-06
2007-09
2010-11

The tail section from the 2003-06 Z1000 will swap directly with the tail from the 2003-2004 Zx6r (636). But the undertails WILL NOT SWAP.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a guy on my stunt forum that recovers seats. Got a good selection of colors and even different materials- if you wanted to recover your seats and go with a custom look. His prices are very low as well. Im having him recover the seats on a bike im getting ready to sell

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you are still looking for parts Ronayers.com is probably your best bet for new oem replacements. Its going to get expensive but for new parts its the cheapest place.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thread revival. Anyone still following?

With the zx6 tail sub frame on a 1st Gen Z, do I use the the z under tail carriage or the zx6? I would presume the zx6 since I'm utilizing the zx6 tail subframe because of the passenger seat lock mechanism.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Thread revival. Anyone still following?

With the zx6 tail sub frame on a 1st Gen Z, do I use the the z under tail carriage or the zx6? I would presume the zx6 since I'm utilizing the zx6 tail subframe because of the passenger seat lock mechanism.

I'd go with the zx6 under tail carriage. Post pics on progress. i have been wanting to see tail swaps on a Z.

Previous posts say otherwise (supposedly it wont be a direct swap fit).

'03 Z

1 - 17 of 17 Posts