Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new Z1000 yesterday. Don't know if I'm the old guy on this forum but I'm 61 and have ridden for nearly 44 years. Had plenty of Kawasaki's, most recently a 14000GTR and four ZX14Rs. Have gone to a naked Z1000 because I wanted a much lighter bike for running around but still with a bit of power.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Congratulations Mate - I am 57 going on 15 & the Z definitely is a great facelift for the Spirit.
What year?
Any photos?

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I was out of biking for a while & just googled the ZG1400 & other big Kawasaki models.

WOW!

Those are big, big bikes. You guys must have a lot of open highways to enjoy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Rob nice! Mine is a 2016 bought new on 2017, I really love it! Any changes on the new model? Got any pics? Here is mine last season and I also have a Supermoto XR650R that I use on the spring time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Have always liked the Connies. That one looks like it has maybe 15k mi on er. Nice JJ -congrats. The super sleeper of tourers. -and can usually be found at a good price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys quick question how many miles you will need to clean or replace the air filter on the z1000 2016? I got it brand new and I have only 2 season riding it with 6000 km

Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
The day my bike, 2016 Z1000 arrived it only had 900 miles but on the day of upgrades I replaced it with a KN Air Filter - they are washable & from everything I read here, the best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts