Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am cyberfish2 from N. Calif, and new to this forum.
The Kawa Z1000 belongs to my grandson, who is in the Navy, and was transfered to Monterey, Ca from overseas. They shipped his 2006 Z1000 by boat; it ran fine before he had it shipped, but won't start now. He replaced the battery and it turns over, but still won't start.
I have two (other make) motorcycles, and a shop in the garage, where I do all my own maintainance, and make a few custom parts, but I know nothing about Kawasakis, except I had a 500 some many years back that never gave me any problems.
He bought his Z1000 new, and it is stock, as far as I know. I'm guessing something came loose, or got corroded on the ship. I'm looking on this forum for suggestions on problems I might not think of, other than the obvious check to see if it is getting gas, and spark. He only has the owners manual, and few tools, so I'm going there Aug. 13 to help him get it going: battery charger, starter fluid, metric tools, multimeter. Anything else I should take? Is there a micro-switch on the kickstand? Have to be in neutral to start? Special tools required? I haven't seen him for a while, so this WILL take all day to fix...:lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, if the kickstand is down and in gear it won't even turn over. My guess though would be serious condensation buildup from being shipped. I would drain all the gas, change the oil. Start it over a couple of times and then change the nasty spark plugs.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
make sure the kill switch isn't engaged as well.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts