Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
What do you mean by fake end caps?
I dont mean to disrespect you or the bike in anyway. Might seem so the way i typed it. My apologies, if you feel offended

This is what i meant. The patttern the weave goes on those caps is not natural. Its way too curved.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Nah, all good. I just didn't know what you meant by fake. The whole muffler is fake carbon look not just the caps. And for $220 a pair delivered i can live with that and replace them half a dozen times for the price of the "real" ones.

·
Registered
431 Posts
220 is a decent price indeed. As long as it works and satisfies your needs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gday Macca, i have the same bike, no doubt Ill see you around, we ride to yeepoon most sundays from Gladstone, have lunch at the railway hotel its a great feed there.

Taz

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Gday Macca, i have the same bike, no doubt Ill see you around, we ride to yeepoon most sundays from Gladstone, have lunch at the railway hotel its a great feed there.

Taz
I love the Railway hotel. Great tucker. We’ll have to have a beer one day.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Congratulations brother. Smooth riding from now on. 😌 Do you have any pictures you could share of how the reservoir was mounted? Nitron said it would be another two weeks before I get my shock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Congratulations brother. Smooth riding from now on. 😌 Do you have any pictures you could share of how the reservoir was mounted? Nitron said it would be another two weeks before I get my shock.
It only just fits but that’s all you need it to do, well that’s what the wife says. 😂
This is tad tighter as I have a Ventura rack on there as well.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Does it have the progressive or linear spring in the shock? Just curious. I was on their website and I see that they offer a lot of options on how to build a shock. Progressive Springs seem to be part of their design philosophy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Does it have the progressive or linear spring in the shock? Just curious. I was on their website and I see that they offer a lot of options on how to build a shock. Progressive Springs seem to be part of their design philosophy.

View attachment 85161
Nah mate, just weight rated spring, fast and slow compression adjustment and rebound.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Front suspension and steering daMper you do have the choice for progressive or linear. Rear shock is always progressive spring with hyperpro.

·
Registered
384 Posts
G’day trendsetters, I live in Yeppoon, QLD, Australia. Just got the new Zed 2 weeks ago and loving it so far. Already fitted a tail tidy, ventura rack and radiator protector, slip-ons are on the way. I still have the old girl, a 2009 z1000 that Is up for sale if anyone’s interested. Hope to use this forum for info when needed. Pics of old and new View attachment 84939 View attachment 84940

did you end up selling the gen 2? luv the colors on that bike.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts