Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded it in and instantly regretted that decision. Unfortunately I have only enough room for 3 bikes so I couldn't keep it but now I am determined to get another one in the near future after I have a custom home built.

Figured I should make an account here, better late than never!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I have been lurking since 2015. Many members and posts here have been very useful for my z1000 mods and maintenance.

Recently also I've been eyeing the z900 to add to my stable of motorcycles. Here is a pic of me on the z1000, followed by the motorcycle that I purchase to replace it but had regrets afterwards. :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
386 Posts
Don't like the Dragster?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The Dragster is fine... but it is essentially a naked supersport with handlebars (literally a classic streetfighter). The engine is horrible at low RPMs. You have to bring it up to 7k before it actually comes alive. Now granted, so long as you quickly get it above 7k the motorcycle is awesome but I ride mainly in the city. And by the time you bring 1st gear into 9k rpm (redline is 13.5k), you are already going 60mph. I jumped into that bike with very little research thinking that all modern naked bikes are tuned to the low end... and I was wrong. I have been riding low powerband/high torque naked bikes for nearly a decade. I love all the power down low. It is the best for city riding and the Dragster is meant to be opened up to high RPMs which is not great for city riding. The engine has the worst vibration I've ever felt in my life... but only below 7k RPM. So if you ride slow, your right hand with get numb relatively quickly. And it isn't fun riding around only in 1st or 2nd gear. Maybe I can squeeze in 3rd.

·
Registered
369 Posts
What year Dragster ?

Is that a 798cc ?

that Rush 1000 looks impressive

good specs, light and powerful, but WTH is going on with that rear wheel ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It is a left-over brand new 2019 (but some places in the US list it as 2020). Yes, 798cc. The Dragster only comes in the 800 (Dragster is the 800 Brutale variant while the Rush is the 1000 variant). I was eyeing the Brutale 1000RR but I can't stand clip-ons (I hear coming soon is a 1000 RS which supposedly will have handlebars). And yes, I do not like the moon disc or whatever hubcap is on the Rush, but the Rush is basically a Brutale 1000RR with a different headlight (which strangely, you can purchase and retrofit for the Dragster for 900 bucks), seating, tailight, and the hubcap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Of the 5 motorcycles I've owned thus far, the z1000 is still may favorite.

Actually, I wanted to see if anyone on here bought my bike tbh from Bellevue Kawasaki. :ROFLMAO: And I wanted to pass along some information. The scratch on the black strip right above the seat was already there when I bought it (I guess from people sitting on the bike in the showroom back in 2014-2015). And I installed AIS block off plates and had the bike Dyno'd at 2WDW with the Mivv exhaust so no further ECU update is required. Just in case the small chance they are lurking here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts