Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi . New here just thought I’d introduce myself I have a 2010 3rd gen . Absolutely love it . Full yoshi system and new boots Diablo Rosso corsa 2 I put on yesterday as I had road pilot 4s and they were rubbish . Also a trip to Kai’s suspension so get set up correctly and my god it’s like a totally different bike . I think if I do anything else I may stick a quick shifter on but that is probably about it . Just ride her as she doesn’t need much at all . Bought it back end the year just gone November time it had 3k on the clock 😱
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Land vehicle
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome kirksta,

that’s a nice looking gen 3 you have!

thanks for the great pics brother.
Cheers man . It’s my first sit up and beg bike . Past bikes have been 2004 Gsxr 750 , 2008 Gsxr 750 , 2014 hrc 1ltr Fireblade RR , Harley iron 883 , Harley forty eight sportster , Suzuki vl800 custom bobber and now my Z and I love it . Much comfier than the sports , still love my Bobbers too though . But the Z is a game changer . The only niggle I have is the range on the tank . And the fuel guage doesn’t give much warning but that’s it

·
Registered
866 Posts
kawasaki knocked it out of the park with that particular color scheme. probably my favorite color for the gen 3 next to the kawasaki green/blk. just luv it. sounds like your an avid rider. great to have you hear in the forum. IMO the kawasaki Z1000’s are some of the most under appreciated motorcycle’s, and they are one of the best overall value’s in today’s used market.

i’ve never been a big fan of fuel tank gauges on motorcycle’s. don’t know if it’s because the fuel volume is so small, compared to a car/truck, and the tank shape. also, your constantly leaning the motorcycle on it’s side. they just don’t read accuracy very well. gauge says full, full, then empty…🙉 old bikes, like i’m sure you know, forced riders to use trip mileage and a reserve tank to determine refueling frequency and overall range/distance. soon as you flipped the valve to reserve you were then on your way to the filling station. at about 120 miles on the gen 4 Z she start’s to get thirsty. next stop, the filling station…

ref: gen 3 color scheme example
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kawasaki knocked it out of the park with that particular color scheme. probably my favorite color for the gen 3 next to the kawasaki green/blk. just luv it. sounds like your an avid rider. great to have you hear in the forum. IMO the kawasaki Z1000’s are some of the most under appreciated motorcycle’s, and they are one of the best overall value’s in today’s used market.

i’ve never been a big fan of fuel tank gauges on motorcycle’s. don’t know if it’s because the fuel volume is so small, compared to a car/truck, and the tank shape. also, your constantly leaning the motorcycle on it’s side. they just don’t read accuracy very well. gauge says full, full, then empty…🙉 old bikes, like i’m sure you know, forced riders to use trip mileage and a reserve tank to determine refueling frequency and overall range/distance. soon as you flipped the valve to reserve you were then on your way to the filling station. at about 120 miles on the gen 4 Z, then she start’s to get thirsty. next stop, the filling station…

View attachment 86547
Yeah totally . My pal was only having a conversation yesterday about going back oldskool and using the trip . But again all depends how you ride I guess . I don’t commute much if I’m out on my bike it’s because I’m out out lol 😂

I’m an industrial Abseiler so I have a fair bit of stuff to take to work so my van is my commute .

the colour is my favourite I do fancy some custom stuff at some point but I’m too busy riding to bother with anything 🤣

that’s lovely . That yours ? Pipes are cool man 👌🏻

I’m away camping this weekend and I just realised it’s BSB at oulton park . I’m only 40 mins away so I’m pissed I’m gonna miss that 🙄

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Kirksta01. Bet that BSB would be a a lot of fun. I feel your pain being so close bro!

Nice ride. luv my 3G too.
cheers man !

yeah I go quite a lot as its a nice ride down there too and there's a massive j&s bike store round the corner from it with a decent cafe too

cheers mate yours looks sweet ! love them mirrors . im thinking of changing my mirrors to similar

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Right on.

Yeah those mirrors look small but they're great. No regrets. You can see everything behind you with just one. Plus they rotate up when I park the bike next to the wall in the garage!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
You mention the tank.

When Kawasaki converted this Z to become the Ninja 1000, most of the parts stayed the same. One part that was addressed was the fuel tank. The Ninja holds another gallon. Perfect?

Not so much. I probably do have another 30 miles range, but the extra fuel is carried very high. You notice this extra fuel adds weight and the bike doesn't feel right until this extra gallon is burned.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Kirksta01 - I own a 2011z1000, now with 60k troublefree miles. One design error made by mama Kaw on the 3rd gen bikes is the placement of the regulator/rectifier in front of the back wheel. Water getting in there has fried some members electrical systems to various degrees. .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts