Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
20200604_151427_HDR.jpg Hi guys,
I just joined the forum. I bought a 2011 Z1000 with 12K mi. on it last year and I'm learning my way around it. My last bike was a ZRX and I belonged to ZRXOA.
My bike was bone stock except for a Corbin seat. So far I have changed the sprockets and chain and changed to a K&N filter. I went up one tooth in the front sprocket and down one in the rear..
I have noticed that the engine or tranny rattles in neutral with the clutch out. It goes away when I pull the clutch in..? Need for concern?
It also will die sometimes after I give it a quick rev.
What is recommended for plugs. NGK platinum or iridium? I know my ZRX didn't like anything but the regular copper plugs.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome to z family! I put NGK iridium plugs in all my Zeds with out any issues. As for t clutch noise, doesnt ring a bell to me, there are a few hepfull guys on here with loads more knowledge and expertise than me.

Show us some pics too

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome to z family! I put NGK iridium plugs in all my Zeds with out any issues. As for t clutch noise, doesnt ring a bell to me, there are a few hepfull guys on here with loads more knowledge and expertise than me.

Show us some pics too

I believe the stock plugs are already NGK Iridium on the 3rd gen Z.

·
Registered
218 Posts
View attachment 85733 Hi guys,
I just joined the forum. I bought a 2011 Z1000 with 12K mi. on it last year and I'm learning my way around it. My last bike was a ZRX and I belonged to ZRXOA.
My bike was bone stock except for a Corbin seat. So far I have changed the sprockets and chain and changed to a K&N filter. I went up one tooth in the front sprocket and down one in the rear..
I have noticed that the engine or tranny rattles in neutral with the clutch out. It goes away when I pull the clutch in..? Need for concern?
It also will die sometimes after I give it a quick rev.
What is recommended for plugs. NGK platinum or iridium? I know my ZRX didn't like anything but the regular copper plugs.
congrats and welcome! Got mine in 2011 (the fastest year) now with 55000 troublefree miles. And yes to the NGK iridium plugs, they last forever kinda. One plus from the older bikes is all the searchable info on this site. Really cool having all the mods pre vetted. Enjoy.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Show us some pics too

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks! Any suggested mods?
All depends on what you want, your weight, and bankroll. Whats your priorities? Commuting, twisties, dragstrip, track use, comfort mods, 2-up riding, longer trips, etc.? Lots of members here will help you spend your money haha!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Show us some pics too

20210530_195313_HDR.jpg 20210530_195244_HDR.jpg
There is a couple

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day guys, my name is Dapo, a new member in the forum, I ride a 2013 Z1000.
see picture attached.

I need the items above, gear box selector and the other one
{see picture } any help from the house on how to get it for my bike

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi dapo,

have you looked online to purchase your replacement parts?

hi dapo,

have you looked online to purchase your replacement parts?

Thank you zee monkey for the revert.
I actually did and couldn't find it.
But with the link you sent I'm sure it will be helpful.
Much appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts