Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I have recently purchased a 2018 z1000 (stock) with no modifications. I’m looking to upgrade my exhaust system, mainly for sound value. I’ve been looking at different brands over the last few weeks but I’m still not sure what will be best for me. Ideally I’d like the system to be loud (my personal preference), pop and bang too. Any recommendations on what system I need to go with? Any help is appreciated. 👍🏻

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi - I would recommend arrow headers as these have the largest bore that I've seen (2mm bigger than lextek or another make [the name escapes my mind]. This will give you a 50mm exit (assuming you go for a single exit) this means you can literally use anything from any litre bike)....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi - I would recommend arrow headers as these have the largest bore that I've seen (2mm bigger than lextek or another make [the name escapes my mind]. This will give you a 50mm exit (assuming you go for a single exit) this means you can literally use anything from any litre bike)....

thanks for the reply.I’ll have a look on to them headers. I’ve been looking at lextek headers with Akra megaphones..... mixed reviews. But each to there own I suppose. Do you have any experience/knowledge regarding these. Thanks again. 👍🏻

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine are 42mm per pipe... Lexteks are 40...8mm is a fair amount to loose over the 4 cylinders.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have this akrapovic header: Akrapovič
But instead of using akra exhaust pipes i use Vance & Hines - Cs One Urban Brawler.
The sound is brutal and i love it, however it is LOUD even with dbkiller inserted. (i think it goes up to 130-140db if you are 1m behind the exhaust.)
This does not bother me tho, but it is something to keep in mind.

Here is a short clip of how it sounds.

EDIT
I just saw that the Cs One Urban Brawlers has been discontinued. But i think they made a replacement, not sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But instead of using akra exhaust pipes i use Vance & Hines - Cs One Urban Brawler.
The sound is brutal and i love it, however it is LOUD even with dbkiller inserted. (i think it goes up to 130-140db if you are 1m behind the exhaust.)

EDIT
I just saw that the Cs One Urban Brawlers has been discontinued. But i think they made a replacement, not sure.

EDIT
yeah I’ve also look at the brawlers. I saw them on z previously and they looked the part 👌🏻 Think I’ll go with the Alfa’s (megaphones) which I believe with a full system are very loud..... but like you say I don’t really mind that. Have you had an encounter with the Akra’s ? Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah I’ve also look at the brawlers. I saw them on z previously and they looked the part 👌🏻 Think I’ll go with the Alfa’s (megaphones) which I believe with a full system are very loud..... but like you say I don’t really mind that. Have you had an encounter with the Akra’s ? Thanks
I have only seen a z1000 with the akras in real life, never heard it tho since it was parked hehe.

I think the z1k is hard finding exhausts i like, most of them look very bulky especially when on both sides. I like the shorty ones ;)

You rarely go wrong with akra :)
Another suggestion would be sc-project cr-t shorty.

Take my suggestions with a pinch of salt since i have no experience with these myself, its just what i would consider instead of my brawlers if i had to change.

·
Registered
2010 Z1000, full akra, Ivan’s tune, mantris fork kit and Penske shock to come
59 Posts
I’m running an akra header and dual akra slips with no baffles. It sounds really really good, bassy, throaty, and has a real snappy bark. At idle and at minimal throttle going down the road it’s not too loud compared to just slip ons, a good sound still, but any extra pressure on that throttle cable and it has this VERY healthy tone that comes in and sounds absolutely glorious. I honestly didn’t think it would sound as good as it does based off sound clips and how it did with slip ons.

all this said akra headers plus the full carbon slip ons is gonna run you like 2k lol the slip ons came with my bike otherwise I would have went a cheaper route. If I had to spend all my own money again I’d go with the akra header because it all fits up so well either with the stock cans or after market, it’s really well made and I feel like it should last for years, and Id choose a slightly smaller header for street riding, im not chasing ETs at the track or something. Oh and I’d get some cheaper fake carbon fiber cans like black widow or something. The metal pipes and megaphone types are a little raspy for my taste, I need that BASS

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m running an akra header and dual akra slips with no baffles. It sounds really really good, bassy, throaty, and has a real snappy bark. At idle and at minimal throttle going down the road it’s not too loud compared to just slip ons, a good sound still, but any extra pressure on that throttle cable and it has this VERY healthy tone that comes in and sounds absolutely glorious. I honestly didn’t think it would sound as good as it does based off sound clips and how it did with slip ons.

all this said akra headers plus the full carbon slip ons is gonna run you like 2k lol the slip ons came with my bike otherwise I would have went a cheaper route. If I had to spend all my own money again I’d go with the akra header because it all fits up so well either with the stock cans or after market, it’s really well made and I feel like it should last for years, and Id choose a slightly smaller header for street riding, im not chasing ETs at the track or something. Oh and I’d get some cheaper fake carbon fiber cans like black widow or something. The metal pipes and megaphone types are a little raspy for my taste, I need that BASS
I bought mine as is with the full system, however if i were to buy for myself i would also consider using akra. However i would probably go with the single side exhaust since i like the look of this more :)

Im not sure how running an exhaust like this affects the good sound compared to what you have tho :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts