Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
No offense intended, but that is just ugly IMHO. Too tall and too bland of a design for the overall styling of the bike. And the price??? I could have one of those cut down at Tap Plastics for a fraction of that cost!!

Ive seen one from Barracuda, and it looks much better - but the price on that thing was even more astronomical! Over $120!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No offense intended, but that is just ugly IMHO. Too tall and too bland of a design for the overall styling of the bike. And the price??? I could have one of those cut down at Tap Plastics for a fraction of that cost!!

Ive seen one from Barracuda, and it looks much better - but the price on that thing was even more astronomical! Over $120!
Go to tap plastics. Get a comparable windshield cut, formed, drilled. Bring the receipt to my shop. If it's less than I charge, I'll pay for it.

Your self-chosen namesake was more careful with his claims.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Go to tap plastics. Get a comparable windshield cut, formed, drilled. Bring the receipt to my shop. If it's less than I charge, I'll pay for it.

Your self-chosen namesake was more careful with his claims.
So is the windshield from your own shop? Just my opinion but it doesn't really fit the overall look of the bike. I like the Puig screen a lot more and they are usually around $70-$90.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Does the Puig deflect as much wind? I don't know for sure, but that's really what it comes down to. If someone takes a look at that Motorcycle.com "Alternative Sport Touring" writeup and goes for the Z, they'll likely want the most protective screen they can get.

This doesn't look bad for a screen, but it's not something I'd add because it's so pretty. I haven't seen any screen that, in my opinion, enhances the look of the bike one bit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does the Puig deflect as much wind? I don't know for sure, but that's really what it comes down to. If someone takes a look at that Motorcycle.com "Alternative Sport Touring" writeup and goes for the Z, they'll likely want the most protective screen they can get.

This doesn't look bad for a screen, but it's not something I'd add because it's so pretty. I haven't seen any screen that, in my opinion, enhances the look of the bike one bit.
good point. didnt really think of it that way. i guess thats why puig calls theirs a racing screen while this one is called a touring screen. two completely different purposes.

·
Registered
875 Posts
had a touring screen on my rex, only in cold months. didn't like the looks at all. but it sure made those 35 degree rides a whole lot more enjoyable. as soon as warmer weather came it came off. i like the wind. that's one of the reasons i buy naked bikes. just my 2 cents. rick:D:D:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Being in Fla cold days are few and far between. That said as I ride year round I may look into a screen for those days where it starts in the 30's but ends in the 50's-60's. Been riding my other bikes nekid (no screen) for years but this bike throws a bit more wind than the others. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think this is great!

Yes, it may be too tall looks wise for some, but there are enough shorter alternatives available out there for them. It's nice to see a taller alternative is now available for those that need this kind of protection.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Being in Fla cold days are few and far between. That said as I ride year round I may look into a screen for those days where it starts in the 30's but ends in the 50's-60's. Been riding my other bikes nekid (no screen) for years but this bike throws a bit more wind than the others. :D
i kinda noticed that. saw more than a few guys here complaining about the wind while riding their '10 z on long rides. short rides not so much a problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
nice work... thanks for posting. I don't mind the simple design. that bike needs a place to rest your eyes.

it looks a lot better from the side, but I'm still going with the barracuda.
that's too tall for me.

cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
i kinda noticed that. saw more than a few guys here complaining about the wind while riding their '10 z on long rides. short rides not so much a problem.
Rode around the "Lake" Okeechobee last April (175 miles) it was still cool here and really had no problem. Now months later with "fall" on its way I'll have too see how I fare in the "COLD" months.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I like it, But dose it vib or flex at speed? I realy want one but don't want to be dissapointed

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
cool beans let us know how you like it.take lots of pic with you on the bike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go the shield today. I took pix with a crappy phone so I may redo in HD. The shield definelty hits the brake fluid resivoir. During install it creates an issue relating to a choice of what angle to install the shield at. Ill post a video to show you guys how it installs. Essentially it came in a box, wrapped in fabric, with a tire pressure gauge and a cleaner micro cloth and spray. The edge of the shield is not factory produced and you can see minor imperfections in the edge. That being said, its a piece of plastic hand wrapped in saran wrap. More to come. I'll ask manufacture what they reccomend for the brake fluid tank issue.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts