Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks for allowing me to join.
After 10 weeks of deliberation I had narrowed my bike choice down to a s1000r, mt10sp or a ktm superduke. While out Saturday I went into the local kawasaki dealer and fell in love with a 2021 z1000r. Never owning a kawasaki I would like if possible members views on what to expect.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Great choice! And welcome ofc. First off all, with that stock exhaust the bike tends sound like vacuumcleaner.

Great bike for cornering, due to short wheel base very maneuvrable. No real big issues with the Z in general. Gearboxes are know to get teeth stripped and dogbones broken. But that does not happen very often. You would be rather most unlucky if it DOES happen on a gen 4!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
I love mine. I came from long term ownership of a 2004 ZX10R and haven't had so much fun on a bike in many years.

Your good health to enjoy man. :cool:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Started on a 2002 zx9r, but ling rides started to ache my wrist.... as a kawa fanboy, i switched to the z1000's. Never owned any other brands. My 4th kawa now

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
Many thanks for allowing me to join.
After 10 weeks of deliberation I had narrowed my bike choice down to a s1000r, mt10sp or a ktm superduke. While out Saturday I went into the local kawasaki dealer and fell in love with a 2021 z1000r. Never owning a kawasaki I would like if possible members views on what to expect.
welcome brother 🙏. out of curiosity, what did you like better with the Z compared to the other bikes? some stiff competition out there.

also, here is the link to the service manuals if you haven’t already found it.

·
Registered
Gen 4 Z1000 R Edition
34 Posts
It takes about 1500 miles for the Ohlins shock absorber to soften up a bit. The stock D214s are woeful tyres in the dry and a crime in the wet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts