Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after fitting BW headers yesterday and looking over a few pictures, something I felt was just a bit off with the look of the bike. The negative spaces or gaps (where you can see straight through) left buy removing the OEM headers just doesn鈥檛 look right to me... iv made a cardboard template to fill these spaces/gaps in and will make It out of something more permanent during the week.

i know this is extremely fussy 馃槀 but I鈥檓 crazy picky and like everything to have good symmetry

This is what I mean by the gaps/ negative spaces left once the OEM headers are removed

1B21A100-09D5-4977-BB5B-7F678E6DF3F8.jpeg

Gaps filled, just a ruff idea of what can be done.. sorry about the picture quality the weather is terrible here

E61D3BE1-0BD7-4F78-9308-C99299009183.jpeg

Registered
you are officially nuts. Thats what happens when we spend more time looking at, than riding on.

Registered
That's your eye missing the cat. To my eye the first pic looked better,I don't like the square end. Everything needs to be pointy on this bike.

So yes,you are nuts. :D

Registered
Well, theres nothing there on mine....not sure what you mean about "dead space"....

This is an old pic as my headers are now cerakoted black and the rear hangers have gone....

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Send a clear side on picture...

as I circled above, clear spaces/ gaps left after removing the standard OEM headers I personally feel dont look right 馃槀 i know nuts lol

Registered
I 100% agree with you @Chase43 I hate the giant void a full exhaust leaves under the bike after the breadbox is removed. However on the Z1000 it;s not so bad as we have a lower fairing that kind of covers it, especially on the 3rd gen which has an ever larger lower fairing.

The worst offender is the new R1, After you remove the resonator it leave a huge empty space below the bike which makes it look completely unfinished. If I ever owned one I would try to find some kind of lower belly pan solution as I could not stand looking at it as is. For me 50% of owning a bike is the look of the bike...

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I 100% agree with you @Chase43 I hate the giant void a full exhaust leaves under the bike after the breadbox is removed. However on the Z1000 it;s not so bad as we have a lower fairing that kind of covers it, especially on the 3rd gen which has an ever larger lower fairing.

The worst offender is the new R1, After you remove the resonator it leave a huge empty space below the bike which makes it look completely unfinished. If I ever owned one I would try to find some kind of lower belly pan solution as I could not stand looking at it as is. For me 50% of owning a bike is the look of the bike...

View attachment 85124
i could not agree more! Same on the ZX10r

i have made a plate for my Z as it annoyed me so much haha
37729D6F-D94F-4B93-B319-5EEDB9FE7D25.jpeg

Registered
It just goes to show,that R1 looks fine to me and I don't like the blunt 90 degree end with the bellypan/heatshield on Chase's bike! :LOL:

Registered
nope, nope, nope, you're wrong, looks weird and ghetto...

Now... if that same R1 has a Suter upside-down superbike swingarm, THAT looks amazing! It's worth the 5 grand just for the looks alone...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts