Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2013 recently and purchased a used Corbin seat but the seat doesn’t mount because my bike is missing a bracket that the seat rests on please see the images. Can someone please tell me if you have that bracket on your bike or is this something that Corbin provides.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
453 Posts
The seat slide into this tongue on the left, and then bolts to these 2 bolt holes on the right. While the crossbrace is technically not needed, it does add extra support for the seat to prop against, especially if you're a big guy. The crossbrace comes with the bike, not from Corbin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Do you have a the same bike and if so do you have an aftermarket seat like a Corbin? Why I’m asking is because when I tried to install the Corbin seat the OEM seat bolts where to long.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
As Ungarisch said. but yeah, I have the cross brace. Didn't know you could run without it ...at a lean and mean 145 lbs, :ROFLMAO: never considered removing it -for weight reduction. lol I just sit my fat arse down on it a ride!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The cross brace was strange. Some bikes had it, others didnt. My 2012 Ninja 1000 did not have one. I had a large, charcoal chamber in the way. It's cheap, though. I dont think it was over 10.00 from Kawasaki. The more expensive one is a nicer part, but whatever......the cheap ones are basically the same, but not as pretty.

The aftermarket seats all have crappy mounts that are an afterthought. Thankfully, you dont need the seat to be that secure. When you put the passenger seat on, it smashes it into place.

There are at least 3 different braces. Any of them will work, if you want one. I use mine. The seat feels more stiff, and supported with one in place. Some very well might prefer not to use one. Theres a different feel when the brace is installed. Not much, but you'll feel it.

(32046-0138) was used in the 2010 & 2011 Z1000. The price has gone up to $15.92.

The 2012 & 2013 N1K did not have this cross brace bracket.
The 2014, 2015 & 2016 N1K used p/n 11056-3890 @ $4.66
The 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 N1K use p/n 11057-0428 @ $6.36

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the input and information. It still puzzles me why some Zs have it and some dont. Gonna definitely get one just because when the seat is mounted without the bracket it’s putting pressure on the tail plastic.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Both the stock and the Corbin seat mount with the same bolts, mine did when I still had one. They should look like this (below), if you have anything that look different, that's your problem. The bolts do not actually clamp the seat down, they only hold it captive via the collar on the bolt and rubber isolator bushing on the seat holes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts