Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2004 Z1000. I snapped the socket bolt on the top fork clamp when installing Forks after oil / seal change. The two shops in town do not have the bolt and every where on-line it is back ordered with no date given for availability. Any ideas how to source? I am in Alaska so not easy to find a donor bike. Willing to buy it or trade for some salmon.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
try here…

don’t know if the bolts are grade 5 or 8, but you could buy generic. also, there is a guy that is selling off parts from an unfortunate accident on this forum. check with him too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply. I found the website you mentioned run by Babbits yesterday and placed an order with them and another on-line retailer. Both said the bolt would ship in 4 to 9 days. Waiting to see if it is true. I will try to find the thread about parts on my lunch break.

·
Registered
505 Posts
also, here is a supplier in europe that sells those parts. i’ve never done business with them, but they appear legit.

·
Registered
340 Posts
How about taking the corresponding bolt off the other side and going to a local hardware store and get another one ?

It doesn't need to come from a motorcycle shop to work correctly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts