Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered Arka Megaphone slip ons but should I get a PCV or some sort of fuel mapping device? Is it ok to run the pipes without changing the map? If I do need a new map any suggestions what to get and what map? Want it to be safe and run clean, don't need the last HP.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Never heard of Arka pipes..... I would say slipons are fine. I ran my Muzzy's slipons without a PowerCommander or other FI management, and had no issues. I know plenty of others who have done the same.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Did you mean Akro as in Akropovic?

Either way, Im running M4 slip ons on my 2010 Z1000, and it didnt need a PCV. Put them on about 8000 miles ago, and not a single issue with my bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, my IPad fingers messed up. I do mean Akropovic Magaphone slip ons. Sorry. Sounds like no PC needed. Would you still recommend it for other reasons? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Akrapovic

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Thanks guys, my IPad fingers messed up. I do mean Akropovic Magaphone slip ons. Sorry. Sounds like no PC needed. Would you still recommend it for other reasons? Thanks for your help.
YES. :2cents:

·
Registered
19 Posts
got these on my 2011 z1000 been on for over 1600 miles now no probs to date and they look SSSWWWWEEEEETTTTT on the bike

·
Registered
117 Posts
Akrapovic - got it, thanks.
I know alot of people pronounce it ak-ra-po-vic, but we were corrected by the company and its pronounced Akrapovic (A-krop-o-vich).

·
Registered
779 Posts
+1 A-krop-o-vich.

However. There's bugger all in the stock cans on the 2010/11's because of the huge collector underneath the bike. Slip ons wont change the flow rate very much at all, certainly not to the point of needing more fuel. Full system you probably would.

As for the PCV. I've not found I'm wanting for more power ever, but I guess if you really felt the stock power curve needed smoothing out (It's pretty smooth anyway), you could get one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys and no prob on the English help I need it. Been engineering race cars all my life in the ALMS series so kind of new to the bike world. Just got my Ninja 1000 (gift to self for winning the 12 hours of Sebring in LMP2 this year) and it sounds so lame. The Akrapovic Megaphone pipes should show soon. Thanks to all for the help, no fuel computer at this time is the answer. Getting the guys in the composit shop to work on come carbon bits for the bike soon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks guys and no prob on the English help I need it. Been engineering race cars all my life in the ALMS series so kind of new to the bike world. Just got my Ninja 1000 (gift to self for winning the 12 hours of Sebring in LMP2 this year) and it sounds so lame. The Akrapovic Megaphone pipes should show soon. Thanks to all for the help, no fuel computer at this time is the answer. Getting the guys in the composit shop to work on come carbon bits for the bike soon.
Didn't mean to come off as a *****. I just mentioned the pronunciation cause I was saying it wrong and felt really dumb when the lady at Akrapovic corrected me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts