Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so moved on, from my z1000s to z900, i forgot about my z1000 after riding the z900
it has been great

my old ones, sold..

cheers

·
Registered
594 Posts
i’ve read great things about the z900. give us some feedback after you put some miles on. luv the styling and color choice. congrats!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i’ve read great things about the z900. give us some feedback after you put some miles on. luv the styling and color choice. congrats!
oh for sure, i had it for 4 mos now, with no exxageration i forgot about my z1000, yes they were powerful and tuned by ivan,
but, this is the smoothest bike i have ever been in.. watch visordown review on the 2020 z900 its exactly how it is described.. i have a 2021

pros and cons vs z1000

pros:
-very smooth throttle, pulls on all rpms every gear, i just say smoothly as well.. really it is..
-riding position, well im a smaller guy 5'4 so i liked it a lot, people that sat on my bike says "comfy"
-shifting is really effortless, may it be clutch less or a quick blip, almost like my big toe can just lift the shifter lol..
-handling is pretty nice, seats and suspensions are improved over the prev. gen, my hands are barely numb and my bum can go longer on rides
-tft display is nice as well, seat height at 32.3" (prev gen was 31.2")
-a plus for me was ktrc with 3+1 modes, sport, road, rain, with ktrc 1,2,3 on each, and customizable rider mode, mine is FULL power with KTRC OFF
-ecu flash available, i did it with 2wdw as ivan only does z900rs, (sad that not popular in his shop while 2wdw just kept taking them) just to remove the jerkiness in sport mode same as the Z1K
-weight @ 460lbs, very agile imo, launches off the line like it is tuned, you wont feel the weight
-can go 260km/tank even with a flash, with some wot pulls.. (z1k was like 220 and was pushing it)

cons: at first was riding it too easy for me, it was the smoothness lol
also, could have better oem tires, added rear pre-load for wheel spin problems, suspension need little tweaks for best handling (165lbs me)
prone to clutch slip, weak clutch springs, (only 3 springs), brocks sells the upgraded ones for 30$ (easy to change however like 15min)
but barely feel the 10% more tension on the new springs slipper clutch feels good as well

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't think Kawasaki quite got the styling right on the Z900. It looks like the ZH2,but that bike has other tricks up it's sleeve to offset the ugliness.

I like your gen4 the best,but then I would! :LOL:

Enjoy the new bike. (y)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think Kawasaki quite got the styling right on the Z900. It looks like the ZH2,but that bike has other tricks up it's sleeve to offset the ugliness.

I like your gen4 the best,but then I would! :LOL:

Enjoy the new bike. (y)
i spent a lot of money to make that gen 4 look good haha, but nobody liked the bike in stock form, my z900 however gets a lot of attention..
oh i forgot to mention, handlebar makes me reach a little more forward with z900..
cheers here is stock exhaust lol
https://flic.kr/p/2mjreYQ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts