Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has the guy who bought my modded 2010 black and silver z1000 joined on here yet. it was bought from sunrise honda in searcy arkansas recently. i have the stock exhaust and filter. mew front sprocket 1 up amd service manual reasonable.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
the draw of HD got to him. . japan makes better cruisers ,cheeper.
LOL, wouldn't it have been a little more PC to say he moved on.....:dontknow::lol:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glad to see you guys haven't changed any since i've been gone . so i'll give you something else to laugh about. eight days after i got the harley i backed into a corner dragiing the primary cover. picked the back tire up and somehow spun 180 and threw me off. bent the apes when they hit my colllarbone. which is still broken in 2 pieces was 1 inch apart last week was 1/2 inch apart. 5 people stopped within minutes. 2 rockets and 2 cruisers and 1 adventure. pushed the bike to the road straightend bars checked for damage and was on the road in less than 10 minutes for the 75 mile ride back to the house. how's that for funny huh? don't reccomend tradind for a harley to anyone on here. oh well, life happens.:screwy::screwy::screwy:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
no i would want a HD so i would not have to explain at every gas station that i am not a stupid commie . you know if it is not a
hd it is just plastic junk.
We'll see who is the stupid commie, when one of us is having the heat stroke from riding a branding iron on 100*+ weather :lol:

glad to see you guys haven't changed any since i've been gone . so i'll give you something else to laugh about. eight days after i got the harley i backed into a corner dragiing the primary cover. picked the back tire up and somehow spun 180 and threw me off. bent the apes when they hit my colllarbone. which is still broken in 2 pieces was 1 inch apart last week was 1/2 inch apart. 5 people stopped within minutes. 2 rockets and 2 cruisers and 1 adventure. pushed the bike to the road straightend bars checked for damage and was on the road in less than 10 minutes for the 75 mile ride back to the house. how's that for funny huh? don't reccomend tradind for a harley to anyone on here. oh well, life happens.:screwy::screwy::screwy:
Thats terrible Rick! I hope you heal up quickly, and sorry to hear about your bad luck. Glad to hear you are OK! You must be some kinda tuff guy riding it back home 75miles after that! :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Damn Rick. Hope you heal up quickly. Any HD is going to have the cornering clearance of your old Z with the sidestand down. Not to mention the lack of brakes... It might take quite a few miles to get used to that. Be careful!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys. you know i don't ever judge a man by the bike he rides. i made a newbie error and am paying. should have known better. miss the z but really like the soft tail also wish i could afford both. bike is back together as good as new less than 200 bucks. saddle bag is wrinkled but don't use it enough to worry. one mirror still cracked where it and the handle bar hit me in the collarbone. not a scratch on the paint mufflers have some light scratching if you look hard. waiting on the 6" risers and drag bars don't like the road king bars much, but they are easy on the collarbone. need to lean forward for some reason. ha!ha! be safe and keep the z's.:screwy::screwy::screwy:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Can I ask this again Rick? Why did you make the switch? Peer pressure? Comfort? Prestiege? Enquiring minds (mine) want to know.
This post of his from another thread should answer you.....

to all, has been a blast riding the z. if i could afford 2 bikes would have it back. tried a sportster couldn't do that. there's more to the story. y'all know i'm a christian and been trying live a life that shows that. can't control myself on the z. wheelies all the time. drivin' too fast. draggin' pegs in the corners. i ride with my uncle or alone most of the time. he complains cuz i rde too fast. also, i'm strating a new chapter in my life have struggled with this divorce thing for 5 years. it's finally over. didn't get the harley to impress anyone. i agree that if the only reason someone will date you is for something you own you dont need them. but if i have to have a bike and not the z my next choice is a harley. always wanted a softtail deuce or custom. the custom was the right price at the right time. i'll never be a " harley guy" i'm friendly with all people even if they don't ride. i even wave to scooters. if you read one of my older posts you'll see that i don't keep a bike very long ever. they know me at sunrise i've bought 8 bikes there since 2002. they don't play me when i want a bike they deal honestly with me. been selling cars for 20 years i know the ropes and they know i know. really enjoyed bein on here with you guys. i know i'm crazy.and probably in 6 or 8 months i'll be looking for a zrx or another z. who knows? i still have several maps for PCv would send them if i had an email address. i'll be looking in every once in a while. will miss you guys hope y'all don't hate me too much. it's been real.:screwy::screwy::screwy: nota, no, i didn't trade because of that the bikes been running fine and getting good milage after the tune. several times 44mpg when riding with my uncle.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Damn Rick! Glad to hear you are alright after your recent crash...

Loved the comment about the bars being easy on your collar bone!

I know hte pain you are experiencing. I broke a collar bone a few years ago, and still get pain from it sometimes....

Hope you heal up well, bro!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts