Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Picked up this beauty on Saturday! I have wanted an Orange 2003 for a long time! Runs great down the road! Reminds me a lot of my 06 Brutale 910S! I need to get my hands on an orange rear seat cowl. Any leads?

Thanks, Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Nice man! I see it still has the virgin (uncut) stock exhaust on it, and the OEM rear fender..... How many miles were on it?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome, and concerning the rear seat cowl google Ermax. Ermax has them prepainted

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! It has just under 5000 miles on it, and it is going to retain the stock exhaust and rear fender!! Especially the exhaust as that is one of the signature pieces on the bike! Has anyone attempted to core a stock set of pipes? I'll check out Ermax.

Thanks, Phil

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Thanks! It has just under 5000 miles on it, and it is going to retain the stock exhaust and rear fender!! Especially the exhaust as that is one of the signature pieces on the bike! Has anyone attempted to core a stock set of pipes? I'll check out Ermax.

Thanks, Phil
Yes it is EXTREMELY LOUD. Do not gut the pipes! I would recommend the 3/5 exhaust mod. You t,ake the stock exhaust off the bike, cut the spot weld off the end caps, remove end caps, cut 3" off of the top pipe, cut 5" off of the lower pipe, and repeat for the other side. When you cut the pipes, cut through baffle and all. I actually removed the baffle and inverted it so you could not see the cut pipes inside the exhaust chamber. Instead it shows a steel mesh grate. It has a nice throaty sound to it and I like the staggered look it gives the bike. Here is a pic.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts