Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Never really liked the silver in my 2010 Black Z. So I took it apart and took the silver bits, and the textured black piece under the tank, to a local body shop. Picked out a metallic red that matches the black metallic pretty well (it works better in sunlight, but dont have a pic to show that). The total cost was $425 here in No. VA. I think thats reasonable, and Im definitely happy with the results. My best friend said it looks like an older GPZ turbo, and Im cool with that. Next up... finally getting some bar-end mirrors on. Cut thru the welds in that 'thing' in the handlebars, but still cannot get it out. Im also thinking maybe some red wheels, just to be super pimpin and to get that old GPZ look even more.
Comments and critiques gladly accepted.
Thanks...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i like the black & silver. the red looks good, nobody else's bike will look like urs, good job

·
Registered
24 Posts
unique for sure i like it but the bar end mirrors are the worst accessory i have ever had and i had the nicest ones there were ($60 bucks a pop) and i was not impressed they distorted your rear view and folded every time i walked by them leave the handle bar stalk ones you wont regret it.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
unique for sure i like it but the bar end mirrors are the worst accessory i have ever had and i had the nicest ones there were ($60 bucks a pop) and i was not impressed they distorted your rear view and folded every time i walked by them leave the handle bar stalk ones you wont regret it.
i put crg barends on mine. they tighten up with an allen bolt. they wont move at all, even if i bump them. clear as day at high speed too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice, I like the old school GPZ look:thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
That bike has so much potential. I need to take some time and just walk circles around one of these newer models. Makes me wonder if I should find a wrecked z like this and gut everything except what I need to run. Like a clean canvas ready to paint. Like the red and happy to see you stepped out of the box and created your own bike. To me it isn't a need to be unlike others. It's a need to explore these unique bikes and show why kawi built this bike in the beginning. For anyone who hasn't seen the movie the fastest Indian check it out. Possibilities are endless. Great job and any detailed pics of things you modify or like stock will be welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts