Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my Z over the weekend and I felt like a kid in a candy store. Its a used 07 but it feels new with only 2000 miles on it. The power is really smooth from bottom to top. I expected a hit in the mid range like the zx10 but didn't get it, not that it needs it. Very good engine! Gas it at 4000 and the front comes up. Smooth ride doesn't break your tail bone when you hit rough places and feels very good in the corners. Steering is very light and responsive. I expected a heavy and awkward bike coming off a supermoto but i think this thing is nearly as responsive as the moto. I road it 2 hours back home and felt good except my rear. Going to need more cushion. I hear Corbin takes care of that. Got 160 miles out of the first tank and gave it a few good WOT shifts through 4th. A little quiet with the Yoshimura pipes but as the packing wears out that will get better. I did some research and found the factory front sprocket is 16 tooth so I ordered a 15 and went to replace it, well I guess the fella before me already did this, so im exchanging the front for a 43 rear. I love this bike! The up right riding position is awesome! Gotta get used to the safety features. I fired it up to pull it in the shade earlier and when i put it in gear it dies. tired it a few times. So I though it was the power commander going bad. I unplugged all the injectors and same thing. Called my buddy at the Kawi shop and he said it may be the kickstand switch. Goofy me had the stand down. Im learning. Glad to be a part of the Z world fellas.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sounds like you've got a nice bike. Not to mention Z fever. Now don't spend all you money modding that thing! LOL
I ran a 16/43 setup on my '07 for the last year. I recently dropped down to a 41 rear cuz they didn't have a 43 at the moment. I didn't really notice much (a little) difference since the Z has so much torque/HP you just grab another gear. My mpg didn't change a bit either.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
...ahhh the old kickstand killswitch. Major BuzzKill!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like the stock suspension because the ride is nice. i would not trade the ride for a better rear shock like some here. everything has a pro and con. enjoy the ZED
Very true! Im not typically the one to sacrifice performance for comfort but this thing handles my riding ability. When I really chuck it in a corner something feels a little weird but not sure what it is. Its in the front end, almost like minor head shake going through a corner at a good speed. Hopefully i'll get that figured out with some adjustments. Loads of fun!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like you've got a nice bike. Not to mention Z fever. Now don't spend all you money modding that thing! LOL
I ran a 16/43 setup on my '07 for the last year. I recently dropped down to a 41 rear cuz they didn't have a 43 at the moment. I didn't really notice much (a little) difference since the Z has so much torque/HP you just grab another gear. My mpg didn't change a bit either.
Im about to see what a 15/43 is like. I miss the light front of the Moto i had but the ridiculous torque of this monster makes up for it. I'll post my impressions of the gear change.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Glad to hear ya like it. I just got my first Z about a month ago. Coming off about a 3 year hiatus from riding this thing is a blast(coming off a 650R) I really havent pushed it yet, just been using it as a commuter to and from work but I decided to open it up the other day from about a 10mph roll from first and my god. Felt like the front end was hovering a few inches off the ground all through the first few gears. Living in the flat land here in IA its hard to find fun corners but hopefully some weekend I can find time to take a trip to some curvy, hilly roads a few hours from me. Or take a road trip and make a track day weekend.

Keep us posted, ride safe!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
the Z 1000 has a look like no other bike you will see out their. off a race track the super sports have nothing on the Z1000. just the comfort and looks were enough for me to buy one. one ride and i new i made the right choice. over a year later and i still get excited riding my bike. it is 7 years old [ 2004] and looks and runs like new.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
the Z 1000 has a look like no other bike you will see out their. off a race track the super sports have nothing on the Z1000. just the comfort and looks were enough for me to buy one. one ride and i new i made the right choice. over a year later and i still get excited riding my bike. it is 7 years old [ 2004] and looks and runs like new.
I do have to say, from previous pics..... Your ride is SUPER CLEAN. Nice job man. :+1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts