Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
WE NEED SOME MORE PICTURES BRAD.

In Canada, so close but so far.

It's a beautiful bike Mate - personally I prefer the 2016 out of all of them, Kawasaki added to much bling after 2016 ie; Z900, etc but I should just shut up as they (the 1000R), are unavailable to us in the USA.
20200223_101449_resized_1.jpg
20200220_140745_resized_1.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your post with all of the modifications on your bike, much appreciated. Do you find the windscreen helps a lot?

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
The Puig Windscreen was perhaps a 50/50 call.

It was the smallest one I could get & I purchased it for the way it completes the look.

I have a Schubert C3* Pro Observer helmet which is normally a very quiet unit but when I turn my head to check the mirrors I get a chirping sound - plus it really buffets up my helmet on the forehead after 80mph & I spoke with Schubert USA & they said its probably the Windscreen causing "dirty air" & I suspect they are right.

*the C3 is not a touring helmet, 80-100mph plus average speed - the C4 is but they are not available until May in the USA.

Or never.

I love my C3. It, like the C4, is a modular helmet which at 57 I realise is key when communicating* your way out of a traffic ticket because you flip it open & reveal your face (and my age).

*its not what you say initially but what the Officer perceives from your non-verbal communications & if he isn't on a bike, he will remember his original training & the ardour of being on one.
schuberth_c3_pro_observer_helmet_white_750x750.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey doc that’s a nice C4 helmet! I wonder how will be without the Puig windshield? How noisy is the C3 you using now? I am looking for a new helmet and I am incline to go with the rf1200 from shoei but is hard to buy a one without trying it first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Check out a Schuberth FIRST.

The three reasons below are great but factor #3 is the final key that causes Schuberth owner loyalty - the company stands behind thier product 1000%.

www.schuberth.com - for the Euro website

- is the USA website

Shoei & Arai are @#$& compared to Schuberth.

They are #1 choice for European Riders that can afford the best.

1. Very quiet helmet
2. The safest helmet out there
3. They are the only company in the World that if you purchased a Schuberth retail & are involved in an accident, you get to buy your next Schuberth at a 50% DISCOUNT.
4. I am giving you the details of Wyatt Behringer here in the Southern California Headquarters - I found him to very helpful indeed & even gave me a few goodies.

[email protected]
33 Journey Suite 200 Aliso Viejo CA 92656
(949) 575-6902
Service Hotline

Unfortunately most stores do not carry them, you sort of have to order them first & then try them in store ie, Cyclegear.

Around town, the C3 is perfect, over 80mph & perhaps because of the "dirty air" my puig is creating, the C4 is better.

Do NOT buy the Cyclegear C3 which is a mote economical helmet built just for Cyclegear, Wyatt will put you in the right direction.

Wyatt & team will help you get the best helmet out there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I decided to go with the shoei RF1200, I got it today, it came with the pin lock so tomorrow I will go for a ride and see how quiet is supposed to be. I also got a new gloves and the suit from revit but unfortunately I didn’t know how the sizes works in euro and it didn’t fit so it went back already. so sad cause it looks really good quality the only thing I noticed was a bit heavy.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Shoei is a good helmet - I dislike wearing a Suit - going riding doesn't feel like fun & spontaneous - even now it takes 5 minutes to get ready with riding jeans, jacket, gloves & helmet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeap, I might get some knee pads for my jeans better, it is a pain in the ass to suit up. Just came back from a short ride on street not Hwy though and the shoei feels really nice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts