Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The styling isn’t too bad in the front but the rear just is missing something for me. I guess the seat is super comfortable which would make sense since it’s huge. the cross plank engine sounds torque’y to ride. can’t get a Z 1000 anymore here in the US. would you go for the yamaha at $13k?? That’s a rhetorical question.😇

·
Registered
355 Posts
A buddy of mine has one. Rode on it once, its an awsomebike with loads of power and good handling. But the ride height is too high for my liking. Felt like i was sitting on a bmw gs.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
A mate had one and it's probably a better bike than the Zed in a lot of ways. More modern,more power,probably sharper handling,all the electronic gizmos,but I personally prefer my Z1000R.

I could have bought the Yam when I was deciding my next bike,but I bought the Zed instead.I'd buy a ZH2 before the Yam.

I'm just happy we have choices.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Seems like over the last 10 years motorcycle technology has risen exponentially. I think the quick shift would be a nice rider aid. you know when i’m full throttle above 8k rpms hanging on for dear life trying to clutch 2nd to 3rd while my brain is being sucked to the back of my head........Also, I would want traction control on any bike with over 142 hp. Don’t get me wrong though, I don’t have any plans on selling my GEN 4 anytime soon. ❤ my Z.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I rode one at 3 separate demo events and hated it everytime. The engine was the worst part of the bike, why have a naked bike that lugs anywhere below 4k rpm? The electronic throttle feels wrong no matter what mode your in. The suspension was hard to get a gage on because the tires were overinflated for every ride, but the front end felt wayy to high and the rear way to soft. Nose in the air like an olddrag car. Like they purposefully set it up badly so it will wheelie.. more like the tracer than a sports naked. The bars felt like they were made out of cheese. I could flex them easily without even trying to. The clutch was super light with no feel to it,, no communication through the lever. The fit and finish everywhere just seemed off, the whole back half of the bike looks like they never finished designing it. That was my overall impression of the bike. Though it may beat the z on paper it has nothing on it in terms of feel and rider enjoyment on the road. It feels no where as composed or well put together. It feels like the whole bike was half assed where as the Z feels like they had a singular vision in mind start to finish. And at the end of the day, no 4cyl bike at or under 1000cc makes power below 4k rpm like the Z and can carry it all the way through. Of all the yamahas I rode the only one I liked even a little was the mt09 and even then I saw it more as a tall cruiser with a triple than anything sporty

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah you make a really good point about riding a bike versus what it says on paper. I remember comfy sofa said that even though the S 1000r looks good on paper it didn’t ride/brake that great for him. could you describe the Yamaha as a gal with a great chest but a pancake but? duno. i think the right paint job/theme and wheels can do wonders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts