Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
It was a good deal, but I got a better deal on the Z1K and I was not (at that time) even considering a ZX10R. Fairly extreme riding position for a 45 year old with a couple of herniated disks living in the land of VERY straight roads.

If I walked in to a dealer today and heard that offer, well....
straight roads is probably the only place we could make use of all the zx10s power anyways. my wife & i very rarely get a sitter so we can go on a streetbike ride. about the only time i get to ride any more is to work & back. its only 16 miles each way. no further than i would be riding it, i think i would enjoy the zx10.

I didn't mean for you to think I was saying its a bad bike or inferior. I was merely stating I liked the ER6n better.... by all accounts its is the same bike, just looks a little different. Granted, differences are actually deeper than looks alone, but for the most part the same. If I had my choice between the two, I would pick the naked every time.
Never thought that you were. Just adding my .02. That is why we are blessed with choices, though apparantly, one les this year in the USA.

straight roads is probably the only place we could make use of all the zx10s power anyways. my wife & i very rarely get a sitter so we can go on a streetbike ride. about the only time i get to ride any more is to work & back. its only 16 miles each way. no further than i would be riding it, i think i would enjoy the zx10.
I ride to work at least 2x a week from April to September (well I would if it ever stops raining here). 35 miles each way. Sometimes (and I do mean sometimes) I question whether the N1K would have been a better choice. for that ride.

I have already been pulled over for "allegedly" exceeding triple digits on te Z1K. Doubt I would be able to qualify it as "allegedly" if I were on that ZX10R.

By the way, the 2012 Versys remains available. Isn't that the ER 6N for the US market?
Close but the versys has a different suspension among other things I think it's more of an upright riding position than the er. I may be wrong though. I had an 09 er for two years, good beginner bike as it's very forgiving when ya make mistakes. Unless they're big mistakes lol.

If I got a second bike, it would be a Versys. I was close to getting one instead of the Z but I thought I would miss the revs of the inline too much.

the versys is being marketed as an adv tourer/ and a do-it-all. The ninja 650 takes over where the ninja 500 left off, and the er6-n is a naked/standard. Same engine on all 3 bikes, slightly different ergos, suspension, and cosmetics.

That is a Bad***** lookin' ER6

I thought most of the guys in the USA either preferred fully faired, SS, race type bikes or two wheeled cars (Harley's cruisers). maybe thats why your dealers dont want to bring another type of "naked" bike in? that base is already covered by the Z750 completely adequately.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I thought most of the guys in the USA either preferred fully faired, SS, race type bikes or two wheeled cars (Harley's cruisers). maybe thats why your dealers dont want to bring another type of "naked" bike in? that base is already covered by the Z750 completely adequately.
We only have the Z1000, and the CB1000R as Nakeds here in the US. Unless you start going to the exotics like Ducati and MV. Aprilia is difficult to come by these days too. I happen to like the Shiver quite a bit.

there are loads of nakeds here in Europe, most manufacturers make a mid 600-750 and then a "big brother" 1000-1400. Although I have owned quite a few SS bikes I much prefer the naked look,styling and comfort. Maybe I should come to the USA and start a bike shop which concentrates solely on naked styling bikes, I am sure if I trawled around enough bike shows and track days there could be a viable business venture there?

when it comes to sport bikes most americans prefer the ss bikes. but more & more people are coming to their senses. im sure if u opened a shop that sold just naked bikes, u would do good, especially if u had a bigger selection of them. i know if they sold 1400cc naked bikes here i would have one. only thing the us had close to that was the b king. it was ugly as f**k & only sold them a year or two.

when it comes to sport bikes most americans prefer the ss bikes. but more & more people are coming to their senses. im sure if u opened a shop that sold just naked bikes, u would do good, especially if u had a bigger selection of them. i know if they sold 1400cc naked bikes here i would have one. only thing the us had close to that was the b king. it was ugly as f**k & only sold them a year or two.
There are quite a few 1000cc 1250cc 1300cc and 1400cc nakeds available but none of them have the performance of the Z even with the extra cc's.

When I looked for my recent purchase which as you know turned out to be the Z I had no affiliation with any manufacturer so I considered performance, looks, comfort, and of course price. I always try to buy a model thats been about for a couple of years as this ensures the availability of "bolt-ons/mods". I know I've thrown a few bucks at the Z but it was by far the best buy and I would have modded what ever I have purchased. Although she is looking a little sad at the moment with quite a few bits missing.

Attachments

Got to agree with Paul the Zed is brilliant, I also have an ER6n for commuting and winter/bad weather riding got it new in 2009 and its very good no problems in 19000 miles and quite quick if you thrash it! - Just hate getting the Zed clean again after a hundred miles in our poor wet weather, roll on March and dry roads.:eek:ccasion:

Ride one and you will forgive the looks, we had one and it was like having a Z1400 until you hit the corners.

Ride one and you will forgive the looks, we had one and it was like having a Z1400 until you hit the corners.
i bet with 187 hp & 117 ft lbs of torque. even with a dry weight of 517 lbs. it still had to be a rocket. did it have the same suspension as the busa?

i bet with 187 hp & 117 ft lbs of torque. even with a dry weight of 517 lbs. it still had to be a rocket. did it have the same suspension as the busa?
It was pretty close

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.