Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Just check the diameter of the bar and go on e-bay. There's plenty of motocross bars. I guess u think about a bar with a bit lower rise and less pullback, that will bring u a bit lower and more to the front of the bike, and make it look more sporty.
I think he's talking about the mirror stalk, not the handlebars. On my last bike, also a naked/standard, I went with a lower and flatter bar because I thought it would look more sporty. It did, but the compromise in comfort wasn't at all worth it. Your mileage may vary.

· Registered
875 Posts
not trying to hijack or anything, but, speaking of bars. the guy i rode with yesterday had a regular triple tree and bars on his cbr 1000rr.weird but comfortable. next time we ride i'll get a pic. said it came from germany, over 500 bucks.

· Registered
875 Posts
sounds like a win win for us old guys. he's the same age as me(54). if i had of known i might have bought the new 09 zx10r for 7800 and bought the handle bars and tree. with exhaust and pcv and filter. would have been cheaper per hp. oh well taht's life i guess i'll just ride my z no regrets.

· Registered
875 Posts
if your asking me about bar conversion, yes. over 500.00. i know it comes with triple tree, steel braided brake hoses, risers, don't know for sure about bars, but would think so. way out of my league. but, i don't need them. bought a z.

· Registered
6 Posts
I run Renthall ultra lows with Chrispys bar end mirrors. I also have some custom stainless inserts for additional vibration damping. I drilled and tapped them then pinned them into the Renthall bar so I could screw on the stock bar ends or mirrors.

· Registered
162 Posts
Nice ride you have there. Funny, I've got black ultra lows and clear braided lines with red ends and banjos on the way to my house right now. Did you say you had to put an insert in to use the bar end mirrors or you just did it for vibration damping?

· Registered
6 Posts
The insert did both. I made it an interference fit (same diameter as the inside of the bars) then put them in the freezer to shrink them. Inserted into the bar and drilled through then used a celoc pin to lock them in place. They are about 5" long and act as additional damping as well as the mounting point for the bar ends.

· Registered
155 Posts
I'm not a fan of bar-end mirrors because they make the bike wider, which interferes with lane splitting. :)

I'm not a huge fan of the stockers either... I found a set of stock knock-offs on eBay for $26 shipped (pair), which turn out to be about 1" lower and 1/2" wider in position, so I can see slightly better, and if I drop the bike and break one, they're cheap to replace.

Rob

· Registered
162 Posts
Any of you that use the Renthal ultra lows, or probably any Renthal bar for that matter on the first gen Z's. Did any of you try them, or use them currently without barend weights? I've heard both things from people, some say that they are as good or better than the stock bars with those gigantic weights, and others say that the vibes were killer and they needed to add weights. Any thoughts before I put them on my bike, they get here tomorrow, would be very helpful so I can avoid putting them on only to take them off and weight them up.

Plus, 'm planning on barend mirrors, and that's a problem if I need barends because many of them mount inside the end of the bar.

· Registered
184 Posts
Any of you that use the Renthal ultra lows, or probably any Renthal bar for that matter on the first gen Z's. Did any of you try them, or use them currently without barend weights? I've heard both things from people, some say that they are as good or better than the stock bars with those gigantic weights, and others say that the vibes were killer and they needed to add weights. Any thoughts before I put them on my bike, they get here tomorrow, would be very helpful so I can avoid putting them on only to take them off and weight them up.

Plus, 'm planning on barend mirrors, and that's a problem if I need barends because many of them mount inside the end of the bar.
Most all the reviews that I've read about the Renthal Lows have been positive. I suppose if worst comes to worst you could always stick some small aftermarket bar end weights onto the end if the vibes are real bad. I've read though that they are not completely 100% hollow inside meaning that if you wanted to you couldn't slide a Bar Snake all the way through, although I'm sure you could cut it so that there would be a couple of different sections in it instead.

By the way, has anybody ever thought about putting Ducati Streetfighter/Monster mirrors on a Z? I know the style of them is either a love or hate type of deal for most people, but to me they are honestly one of the nicest looking mirrors out there and would compliment the Z nicely. From Ducati they are pretty pricy, but I have seen some aftermarket lookalikes on Ebay that are the exact same style, only for a lot less money and have been sort of considering trying them out.

· Registered
162 Posts
Yeah, I've read there is an insert about 3" in so a bar snake is out of the question. I guess I'll see tomorrow. But I've got some shogun sliders just sitting in my garage waiting to be used if I stick with te stock mirrors. After that, Rizoma mirrors, kinda like the Ducati ones, are the way I'm gonna go. $240 for mirrors though? Ouch!

· Registered
177 Posts
I've heard Rizoma mirrors are quite pricey. I'm sure though that they are very nicely made, high quality and shouldn't buzz.

I have the Radial Naked Rizoma mirrors......yeah they're pricey, but WOW what a difference.....no distortion at speed....no rattle....stay set in place and they don't look like bug antennas LOL
well.. well..worth the money....paid $165 ea. at PJ's Parts

· Registered
162 Posts
I have the Radial Naked Rizoma mirrors......yeah they're pricey, but WOW what a difference.....no distortion at speed....no rattle....stay set in place and they don't look like bug antennas LOL
well.. well..worth the money....paid $165 ea. at PJ's Parts

Great, thanks for the glowing review. I was kind of hoping they sucked so I'd stop wanting them. lol

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.