Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,
I’m going to fit stock mirrors back for now, as bike came with awful cheap barend mirrors.
It’s a 15 plate.

May sound a silly question but how do you remove the mirror plug. There is no screw thread
to remove. Tried lifting plug out with small flat head screwdriver, just looks like it’s going to
shear off the top.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍

Thanks
Marc 👍

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the forum marky1968!

could you please post a pic of the mirror plug?

possibly the plug is “frozen” in there slightly.
Thankyou zmky, pleasure to join you guys.

Here are a couple of pics, there is no turn screw on top, you can see from clutch handle side
where I have tried to lift it out, it does appear stuck in there, don’t really want to snap it off.

Thanks for any help and advice 👍😊

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's only a plastic bung. If the top flange breaks off,then whang a woodscrew into the plastic and pull it out with pliers. From memory it's a 10x1.25 thread for the mirror.
Thanks Skub, that’s what I was thinking of doing. I bought the bike from Superbike Factory,
the barend mirrors were so cheap that one fell off on first ride, you couldn’t see anything out of them anyway lol. My friend gave me a set of stock mirrors, but I do like barend mirrors, I had a pair on my z750. Seriously contemplating getting a set of CNC mirrors I’ve seen on the web. I can’t afford CFG ones at the moment 😊

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Skub, that’s what I was thinking of doing. I bought the bike from Superbike Factory,
the barend mirrors were so cheap that one fell off on first ride, you couldn’t see anything out of them anyway lol. My friend gave me a set of stock mirrors, but I do like barend mirrors, I had a pair on my z750. Seriously contemplating getting a set of CNC mirrors I’ve seen on the web. I can’t afford CRG ones at the moment 😊

·
Registered
498 Posts
the barend mirrors were so cheap that one fell off on first ride, you couldn’t see anything out of them anyway lol. My friend gave me a set of stock mirrors, but I do like barend mirrors, I had a pair on my z750. Seriously contemplating getting a set of CNC mirrors I’ve seen on the web. I can’t afford CFG ones at the moment 😊
Dave Pepler at SP Engineering has a broad range of mirrors for the UK. I have the Barracuda ones,they are pretty well made.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave Pepler at SP Engineering has a broad range of mirrors for the UK. I have the Barracuda ones,they are pretty well made.

PM sent 👍😊

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I’ve seen the Skin R Barracuda’s on eBay by SP Engineering, but unsure if they will fit a 2015 model? 👍😊

1 - 14 of 14 Posts