Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Metzler M5 Opinions?

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  JSharp 
#1 ·
Anyone tried a set of these yet? I used to use M1's all the time...but it looks like they don't make them anymore. So I guess I need to decide between the M3 or M5 now.

#3 ·
i rum the metzler me1 on the rear of my z only because ithad a nail in it at 500 miles & someone give it 2 me. i patched it & rode the crap out of it. it stuck like glue but was gone in less than 3k miles.

#4 ·
I love Metzlers. I had M3s on my SV1000 and they just felt better. The bike rolled into a lean more easily and felt more glued to the road. But, yeah, they don't last long.

I'm running Bridgestone sport-touring now because they were on the bike when I bought it, but I plan to switch when they wear out. Sometimes in a lean, I can feel when the tire goes off the center compound onto the side. I don't like that.

#8 ·
Can't get the normal Pilot Power's here anymore.

Pilot Road 3's or Power Pure 2CT's.

Big fan of the Power Pure's though. Huge improvement over the Diablo Rossos I had.
I just fitted the Power Pure two days ago, I did 7,200 Kms on the Diablo Rosso, could have gone to 8,000, I honestly cannot say anything bad
about this tyre, apparently the Corsa is an even better tyre.
Previously on my CB1, I had the Power Pure, they are a softer on the edge tyre and allow for more lean angle if that's your thing. They also make the steering very light, good tyre to work with.
They are a more of a summer tyre and when up to heat will stick excellently:eek:ccasion:..also great for the track.

#11 ·
still on stock dunlop q's with 5500 miles, they held up pretty long and i drive aggressive. Id recommend dunlop Q2, warmed up quick while trying them out on my bros zx11. dunlop did a big time upgrade there. so far i think he has 1000 miles and they look great. just bought one for my rear, about $170.

#12 ·
Went to get my oil changed the other day (mmmm Motul 5100) and turns out I picked up a nail in the rear. Went ahead and opted for the M3 and put em on the front and rear, liking them so far...though I haven't gone on a nice curvy ride yet with them though. However, loving them already over the stockers. Hopefully I can squeeze in a mountain run over the next few days and report back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.