Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted earlier that I was looking for another rear seat to make a carrier for a Tail bag. After an exhausted search I finally decided that it is up to me to make one and make it to my own specs. This will be an ongoing thread with pics from start to finish; showing each step of the process. Hopefully; I will have it completed in a week or 2 with few setbacks . I will list measurements
and materials used and where to find them if interested.:2cents: This is being built for the second gen. design but might fit previous and later designs as well

KawiGrnNmyVeins:thumbsup:

·
Registered
875 Posts
also been trying to do this kawasaki sells a pan that fits ihe plastic cover for the rear seat. not sure if it would work you can see it on the microfische.on the kawasaki web site.:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also been trying to do this kawasaki sells a pan that fits ihe plastic cover for the rear seat. not sure if it would work you can see it on the microfische.on the kawasaki web site.:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

I think I can build this for around $20 out of 2 pieces of 3/8 polyethylene
sheet. Already figured out the design in my head. Simple and strong construction. Sometimes you just gotta do it yourself ,ya know? Thanks for the info though man

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Do you not like the tank bags? I have the givi soft bag brackets for my 07 and I have nelson rigs tank & soft bags works great for long hauls

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you not like the tank bags? I have the givi soft bag brackets for my 07 and I have nelson rigs tank & soft bags works great for long hauls

No ....never liked the idea of a tall bag in front of me and blocking my visual
of the gauges and warning lts. Rather it be behind me....I have a set of firstgear onyx saddle bags I'm going to use with the tail bag later.....this new tailbag pan can be refitted to carry those off the sides....The whole purpose of the pan I made is to do away with straps and Bungies and keep it clean:D

·
Registered
875 Posts
my thoughts exactly also it's easy to switch back to seat if anyone is crazy enough to get on the back with me. :screwy::screwy::screwy:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my thoughts exactly also it's easy to switch back to seat if anyone is crazy enough to get on the back with me. :screwy::screwy::screwy:

Yep...It's gonna make swap-outs really easy ....and I also picked up a larger container for the longer stays away from home.....Total cost for the 2 makeshift trunks and the pan $65....It's only cheap if it looks bad...otherwise... it's cost effective engineering :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts