I would like to know something.

Which of these exhaust are loudest?

- Full System Akrapovic

- Stock Headers+ Vances Hines.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
A full system Akrapovic with the db killers removed would be louder at around 102-105db (92-95db with the killers in).
The stock header restricts the flow some what with the cat and muffler box, so the sound isn't too bad with brawlers at 96db.
However put the brawlers on the Akra headers and you will receive 112db+, very loud and not a good combination at all.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
its because the resonance has been absorbed and cancelled out better with the akra can..
i would suggest full akra, dual.. more power and can be quiet if needed..

·
Registered
9 Posts
A full system Akrapovic with the db killers removed would be louder at around 102-105db (92-95db with the killers in).
The stock header restricts the flow some what with the cat and muffler box, so the sound isn't too bad with brawlers at 96db.
However put the brawlers on the Akra headers and you will receive 112db+, very loud and not a good combination at all.
Cheers
why you said that akra header + vance & hines are not a good combination?
due to the very louder sound? or due to another thing?

i am planning to take out my catalyst (stock header) + my urban brawlers!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
why you said that akra header + vance & hines are not a good combination?
due to the very louder sound? or due to another thing?

i am planning to take out my catalyst (stock header) + my urban brawlers!
It gives the bike a very harsh or raspy sound, which grates on your ears like a fart-can Honda Civic.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Akra header + vance & hines would essentially be straight pipe..... I can tell you that it will be TOO loud. I just did Arrow header + Mivv Suono dual and it was too loud without baffle. Replacing the header really opens things up and makes the bike loud. I would say if money is not an issue go with full Akra dual or single (I prefer the dual).

I will be posting a thread on my build that will have links to open header video for reference.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I personally hate loud bikes and cars/trucks alike. Especially when you have to live next to them. I don't need to know everytime you go somewhere. Some people need to make it louder cause it makes them feel 'boss' and its either a piece of crap that is now a LOUDER piece of crap, like stupid idiot straight pipe harley morons or gained a couple hp which, doesn't matter for sht unless your a racer, and in that case, take it to the track.
My neighbor has a '12 Chevy truck with tailpipes so big I could stick a cantaloupe in there and it's a slow piece of noisy crap, and if i irritated people with my bike the way he irritates me I would be embarrassed to ride it.
SHUT
THE
FK
UP!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I personally hate loud bikes and cars/trucks alike. Especially when you have to live next to them. I don't need to know everytime you go somewhere. Some people need to make it louder cause it makes them feel 'boss' and its either a piece of crap that is now a LOUDER piece of crap, like stupid idiot straight pipe harley morons or gained a couple hp which, doesn't matter for sht unless your a racer, and in that case, take it to the track.
My neighbor has a '12 Chevy truck with tailpipes so big I could stick a cantaloupe in there and it's a slow piece of noisy crap, and if i irritated people with my bike the way he irritates me I would be embarrassed to ride it.
SHUT
THE
FK
UP!
I sense hostility.. lol

·
Registered
510 Posts
A-hole wakes me up a 4am with his heap.i mean my other neighbor has a 550 hp viper and i can barely hear it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi people!

Thanks for the replies... I have just read them since I did not realize to mark the "instant email notification advise"

Regretablly, here (in Argentina) akra header or full header is not available.
I have also seen one person selling a full akra system (used) for about usd 1800 in a local website....
As you can imagne, that is extremelly expensive hahah.

So, I am looking for best options in order to get a little bit more of power to my zed, and that´s why i was planning to take the cat out without my brawlers.

Let´s see what can i do!

·
Registered
803 Posts
SHUT
THE
FK
UP!
I'm with you, in my younger days a bike couldn't get loud enough... theses days I"m like goddamn quiet that POS! Mine is a 3rd gen with Akra header mated to Yoshimura R77 cans.... too loud for my taste, but compared to everyone else it's more quiet. I wear ear plugs these days so it no longer bothers me. A friend of mine has a GP pipe on his ZX-10R... I want to kill him. It literally buzzes my ears in my helmet if I'm behind him. I want to sneak into his shop at night and install a muffler on his bike in the night. He loves the fact that it pisses everyone off. To each their own, but he gives me a headache even with ear plugs!

3B

PS I realize I'm getting old... LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, sorry to bring this up again but I was wondering between the SC Project S1 and M4 Qd, which one is louder/sounds better? Otherwise, are there any that are louder than these two?

I've read that SC Project is quite loud but just wanted to check. Also, headers are stock. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
417 Posts
most slip-on exhausts are going to sound similar with the stock headers, because the stock breadbox is what's doing most of the muffling. You could completely take your end cans off and the bike still wouldn't be all that loud. Save up, buy some headers, then worry about how your end can sounds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts