Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what % does style influence you in a motorcycle purchase. the mechanical details are important to me but if it does not look right to me i would never buy a bike that did not please my eye.
case in point i did a demo ride on a speed triple. nice bike. but i do not like those frog looking headlights. i know to some people those lights are cool. lots of street fighter custom builders add them to builds. i would never want a speed triple even if the new one exceeds my ZED in every way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My order is the following:

1. Fit
2. Ride
3. Looks

If it fits really well and rides great, the looks are not as important. If it was all looks, I would buy a Duc but never be comfortable and happy at any speed under 80MPH. Fit and ride are tops with me. It could be because I am over 40. ;)

The Speed Triple is too tall for me so it fails on #1. The Street Triple is actually much better and is still in the running with the Zed when I get around to buying another bike. They both ride fantastically according to the rags.

G

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in 1982 i bought a new suzuki gs 1100 e. it was red and fast. i sold it 2 years later. i never got over selling that bike. so 3 years ago i got the idea to find another one. well a 1984 gs 1150 came up for sell and i just could not pass up on it. it was showroom stock. well the looks never grew on me and less than a year later i sold it for a lot less than i paid for it. [ the economy died]. lesson buy what you really want. sometimes a substitution will not make you happy.
my 04 ZED made me forget all about that gs 1100 or my ZRX i had for that matter.

·
Registered
875 Posts
looks are important to a degree, but comfort and powr also play a large part in my decision. i like alot of power(too much is not enough), but i like it to be in the lower rpm range. i don't spend a lot of time over 100, but i love getting there as quickly as possible. i have developed a pinched nerve in my lower back that won't let me sit up straight, the z leans me ahead far enough to help this. next harley will have drag bars and mid controls. i had to get used to the front end of my z. ican't see it when i'm riding and don't spend a lot of time looking at it when i'm not. it is growing on me though. most people who look at my bike say" that looks really fast". i say it's really quick, notvery fast. i guess some people don't know the difference. this bike is nearly perfect, except mine needs more power and better traction, and a place to keep my BIBLE. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks are important to a degree, but comfort and powr also play a large part in my decision. i like alot of power(too much is not enough), but i like it to be in the lower rpm range. i don't spend a lot of time over 100, but i love getting there as quickly as possible. i have developed a pinched nerve in my lower back that won't let me sit up straight, the z leans me ahead far enough to help this. next harley will have drag bars and mid controls. i had to get used to the front end of my z. ican't see it when i'm riding and don't spend a lot of time looking at it when i'm not. it is growing on me though. most people who look at my bike say" that looks really fast". i say it's really quick, notvery fast. i guess some people don't know the difference. this bike is nearly perfect, except mine needs more power and better traction, and a place to keep my BIBLE. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
i have a victory 8 ball. cant stand Geezer pull back wide bars. i installed a slight pull back shorter drag bar on the bike and now it is a lot more comfy and fun to ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's the over all look of a bike that gets my interest to start with, I modd every single bike I own so it's nice to have a good base to start from, but i'm also a total hooligan and love an abundance of power too.
The bottom line is whatever the bikes look and power is to start with I'm going to change it until it fits me and my riding style anyway.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow, Not a Biker, you and I have disagreed here before, but, your GS 1100 and 1150 may make me rethink my alliance with you.

Tree of my favorite 10 bikes are from this erra. The GS 1150, loved it, and the Hans Muth Katana 1000 and 1100 and then the 850 turbo are three of my most favorites.

I wish designers like this would come back to live, or visit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My order is the following:

1. Fit
2. Ride
3. Looks

If it fits really well and rides great, the looks are not as important. If it was all looks, I would buy a Duc but never be comfortable and happy at any speed under 80MPH. Fit and ride are tops with me. It could be because I am over 40. ;)

The Speed Triple is too tall for me so it fails on #1. The Street Triple is actually much better and is still in the running with the Zed when I get around to buying another bike. They both ride fantastically according to the rags.

G
Riding for me (& a lot of others) is an emotional thing, so looks play a great part.
Then comes the fit. You just know as soon as you sit on it, it just 'fels' right.
& hey, it a thou, it'll have plenty of grunt on the street for me!!

The Triple... I just can't get over the 'bug eye' headlights!!:p
A friend has a new Ducati Streetfighter S ,,,It's ok, but I still prefer my 2010 Z1000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts