Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever have that itch and don't know why? i kind-of got it for the 1st gen (2003-2006)Z1000. I currently ride a 2006 SV1000S, that I love, but I have an urge to ride a 1st gen Z1000.

I am just curious if anyone has an interest in a possible trade? My bike is in GREAT shape, has Carbon pipes, PCIII... and a complete set of 45Liter GIVI hard luggage (for the touring set out there).

I don't know if this is going to go anywhere, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Let me know. I have pictures and video. Video can be found on my YouTube site. Here is one to watch...
kevlarian's Channel - YouTube

Anyway. PM me if you have any interest, I am looking for a FAIR AND EVEN trade... I would even entertain a Gen2, but I *think* the Gen1 is calling me more. I don't know, I have never test driven one, so I am not sure, but I would like to at least see where this leads.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
thats a nice bike. where u from?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thats a nice bike,actually my previous bike.I have a Z now and am much happier,loved my SV It just didnt DO it for me.Dont know how describe it,just was not as exhilarating to ride even though there not that far off on power.Also the SV has very aggressive ergos some have said even more aggressive than some GSXR's after about 15-20 mins my hands would be on fire with all my weight leaning on them.Good luck to you my friend.There are alot of people who want these since they dont make then anymore.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like the naked SV 650 a lot. i own a 2004 z1000 that i would not trade for anything. i also live in so cal. if you would like to meet up and try my ZED that would be ok. be ready to want one even more.
I don't even know you, and I think your an awesome individual. To offer me a ride on your bike...

I think I found the bike I want, and I think I have sold mine. But it looks like I have to take a trip to Sacramento to get it! :(

03 Orange Z1000

Could have it by Sunday! :)

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I don't even know you, and I think your an awesome individual. To offer me a ride on your bike...

I think I found the bike I want, and I think I have sold mine. But it looks like I have to take a trip to Sacramento to get it! :(

03 Orange Z1000

Could have it by Sunday! :)
congrats man, hope u get it. post some pics when u get it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well. I sold the SV today :'-(

But I am picking up the Z tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you know all of us are on ocmoto (kevlarian, notabiker and robtheman). we should get together.
Lets do it! Actually, the guy who bought my SV is on OCMoto and wants to meet up at the next OM Bike night. Let's make it an Z bike night !:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just throwing this out there. While I think the Z is a much better bike than the SV, you all realize they DID make a naked version of the SV1000S for ONE year, right? Everyone mentions the SV650 because it's naked, but there was a naked version of the 1000 out there. It had dual exhaust instead of a single like the 650, and it had the same, upright seating position as the 650. Wish they would have kept it going, but I still prefer the Z.

EDIT:
Looking around, maybe it wasn't just for "one" year, but it was a very short time compared to most models. Either way, there was a naked, upright-sitting version of the SV1000S.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts