Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Long trip equipment

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnJuan 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm planning on going a long trip this summer all around Greece and I could use some advice. 1st of all I'm planning to buy a full givi bags set ( saddle bags and top case with back rest for my lady.already have a tank bag ) but I dont know anything about the other wind shields cause I only had the stock one( I dont care about appearance cause I will use it only for trips, the only thing i care is to be comfortable for me and my girlfriend ) . Also what about the seats ? I saw some seats that are for traveling but they are way too expensive to buy them just for some trips( I also saw z1000sx seats looks good and comfy and the back of the sx looks like ours , are the seats of the sx fits ours ?) Theres a local store that can turn mine into gel- anatomic so I'm thinking to buy a second seat from Ebay and get it fixed. Has anyone travelled long distance trips? What gear did you use ? I have a gen 3 one.

#3 ·
All I can say is there's a thread somewhere on this section of an individual who listed the how to's and such for long distance riding. Can't help you any more than to just try and dig for it. The one thing that I remember specifically are the luggage racks, tank bags and fuel containers used during the trip. Perhaps those are some key words for a search?

#5 ·
Before I post this I did a search , the only thing i found was long trip advices and I read all the thread , the didn't talk about accessories or gear at all. That's why I'm asking here . Do you remember the title of the thread your talking about ? It would be helpful , thank you .

#4 ·
Passenger review for my bike was to get something different for long 2-up trips. The ergonomics of that passenger seat have knees and hips at too tight of an angle. A Concours 1000 can be bought for about the amount of money you're planning to spend on hard bags and saddle. I got mine for $1100. Comfy saddle and hard cases are included! It's certainly not as fast, but it's close enough, and it actually handles decently.

I haven't found a windscreen that is quiet.

There was a TopSellerie in France that appeared to make custom seats, that would give a passenger another 1 inch/2.5cm of height, which would likely be helpful.

#6 ·
I'm planning to travel el at low speed about 120-140 with many stops, but wind is a problem even at those km ,so I think I will try the double bouble windscreen and a fixed seat . I don't want to buy another bike cause I love mine and I want to take the z for the trip. Which windscreens did u use , and you say they are not quiet at high speed or even at the speed I'm looking for . Than, you for your answer.

#7 · (Edited)
I've tried Stock (of course), Zero Gravity Double-bubble, and California Scientific. Both the big screens are louder in the helmet than stock, and stock gets you a lot of wind pressure, but at leas there isn't much buffeting. Yes, they're noticeably louder at 100 kph or so.

Pashnit has a thread that's worth reading:

https://www.z1000forum.com/forum/z1...ions/142777-modding-my-10-kawasaki-z1000.html

Here's a windscreen thread too:

https://www.z1000forum.com/forum/z1...ns/120167-need-opinions-best-wind-screen.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.