1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

my name is brandon
well i figured i would introduce myself here before posting anywhere else

i purchased my z about 3 weeks ago so far i love but it recently started running terrible and im hopin to mabey grab some suggestions here i have yoshi slip ons and a k&n at the end of the week i plan to get a power commander and i think that may fix some of my issues but im not sure if it will fix all of them the bike just seems to really really lack power and its not all the responsive..also has brand new ngk plugs and frech oil change with k&n oil filter heres a link with some pics

any advice would be amazing also im looking forward to good times on the forum!!!!

brandon

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Did you say fresh oil change? or did you mean you cleaned the K&N filter? If you cleaned the filter and did not let it dry completely before you re-oiled it. The bike will run like crap especially when you open the throttle all the way. Because water gets trapped in the filter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man, i havent really seen to many red ones either but its a factory color most i see are orange or green in the 03-06 models

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome, and glad to see another 1st gen Z.

·
Registered
109 Posts
welcome. That's a very nice bike. How is your clutch? you are about due for some plates. I say clutch because it doesnt sound normal to loose power so fast. slip ons shouldnt make that much of a dif.
my 10 cents

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i never thought of that i will be replacing the clutch soon it doesnt seem to slip real bad but i do alot of wheelies. almost always first gear and when ever i can get it in second im for sure on the back tire. but would the clutch cause the non responsive problem? or mabey it could be a combination of needing the power cammander and the clutch slipping

·
Registered
109 Posts
It was just an idea. I can't be sure. you could ride by the dealer and talk to them about it. most of them are cool. Update us and good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update

well i think imay have found the answer to my problems...my bike has 29k on it and the valves have never been adjusted or shimmed. the engine is making a little noise but not much i guess could this be my problem? if so is this a hard process to do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts