Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a book I recently bought off Amazon called "Lean, Mean and Lime Green".

It covers the early days of Kawasaki, their development of some early high performance bikes, the people in charge and making decisions which still effect the company today. I haven't finished the book yet but I'm loving it. There are two volumes and I picked up the first one which covers the sixties up to 1978, basically the two stroke years and has info on the original Z1 900. I've learned a lot and enjoy the photos of it all. There are two versions, one which has black and white photos inside the book and one which has more color pics ($33 -vs- $60 something), I bought the cheaper version and kinda wish I had spent the extra money for the full color version. There is a volume two which covers the 4 stroke racers more, I'll probably pick that up at a later date.

LEAN, MEAN AND LIME GREEN - RACING WITH KAWASAKI (VOLUME ONE) - THE TWO-STROKE YEARS, Hall, Randy, Cox, Bruce, eBook - Amazon.com

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
them two strokes
Most of this book is about the triples, but the 125's, 250's 350's, the single cyl bighorn (F9 350cc dual sport) and the KR series is addressed. They went really in depth on development of the Mach III and model year changes, race versions and how the race / production versions affected each other, very interesting story (to me anyway).

·
Registered
505 Posts
that’s one to cross off the bucket list. awesome you had an opportunity to race that bike. it’s a legend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts