Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I have laid the bike down. Coming home Saturday on an unfamiliar road and came into a curve I wasnt expecting. Laid it down, cracked the frame in two places. Thats all I know as I havent seen it. As for me I broke my left hand and have pretty bad road rash on my right side. I think Im very lucky.

Be safe guys.

Matt

·
Registered
555 Posts
At least you are alright except for the injuries. Cracking the frame in 2 places means you could be in a lot worse shape. I agree, you can always get another bike but not a body/life. I also think leathers are the only way to fly. I always ride with my leather jacket, Kevlar lined AVG pants, Alpine-star boots and gloves. It's getting hot in SoCal now and I still wear all the gear. Woof, some days it isn't easy but I feel naked and unsafe without it.
Keep your spirits up, get well soon, and maybe the bike can be repaired with a little help from your friends!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ouch! To bad! As long as you're OK!

I know what it's like. I did the same think a couple of weeks ago. Laid it down in a corner as a result of a pile of sand in the corner. The back tire just took of :( Fortunatly a had my full body leather suit on and no traffic so I didn't get a scratch.

The bike in the other hand didn't have the same luck, but it's being replace with a brand new '10 so I'm not to sad :D

But like greenweenie wrote; as long as you're OK, the bike can be replaced or fixed :)

Feel better!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I do have insurance. Im glad Im not hurt worse. Im getting better everyday. The scrapes are slowly healing.

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
752 Posts
At least you are alright except for the injuries. Cracking the frame in 2 places means you could be in a lot worse shape. I agree, you can always get another bike but not a body/life. I also think leathers are the only way to fly. I always ride with my leather jacket, Kevlar lined AVG pants, Alpine-star boots and gloves. It's getting hot in SoCal now and I still wear all the gear. Woof, some days it isn't easy but I feel naked and unsafe without it.
Keep your spirits up, get well soon, and maybe the bike can be repaired with a little help from your friends!
Matt - glad you are okay. Loss of the bike sucks, but at least you are still living!

Underdog - GOOD FOR YOU! I too feel naked and unsafe without wearing full riding gear. Yesterday, it was 103* up here - and I had my leather jacket, overpants, boots, gloves and helmet on for a 30 mile ride up the freeway. All my coworkers asking if I was dying from the heat...sure, its hot - but it beats leaving my skin on the asphalt when I get hit by some idiot caged driver who isnt paying attention...

Sweat washes off. Road rash doesnt - just ask Matt here...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I can say in all honesty...that my OFF last August, made me a better and more observant rider now....Did a high side after taking a ditch and broke 2 ribs...did $4000 damage to the bike but insurance covered everything..even me....I wear more gear now too lol....Get healed up Bro !

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
road rash is a tattoo i don't want, so I wear leather gloves,jacket, riding boots etc. always all the time.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
You mean you wrecked. Hope you heal quickly, and appreciate riding gear even more afterwards, like I did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that's really so bad to you, i would share some info that might help, as every biker or motorcyclist has a passion to drive freely by opting for hands free driving by balancing the motorcycle. Now this dream might come true in some time. The motorcycle company Honda is already doing research in this direction. The scientists at Honda are researching for making the hi-tech hat which would enable the motorists to control the tasks by thoughts. Now on reading that the bikers would certainly aspire for motorcycle jackets, the inner temperature of which would be controlled by the external temperature.

For developing the actual hi-tech hat for hands free driving this company has already developed a prototype that has the ability to read the brain-waves for 4 commands. To check the effectiveness of this product, they want to test it with the bikers. In order to check it efficiently, this hat will have to be fitted in the motorcycle helmets. It is reported that they have made a helmet powered by sensors which has the ability to identify and understand the brainwaves. A large number of sensors upto hundred or more has been embedded to make it work.

To develop this product further they are developing soft pads which would interpret the brain-waves through the hair of the biker. The personnel of Honda Research Institute, Tokyo have the vision to develop some high-tech tool which would replace even a steering wheel. Following this vision we are all set to get more developments for the motorcycle gear. In order to make sure that their hat attracts the attention of the biker, it should be designed artistically, so that it should complement the looks of the biker.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
what?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm going bald! So does that leave me out of the new helmet technology? lol And what is the bike going to do when you see a good looking chick? Stand straight up into a wheelie? I always said I don't like riding anything without a kill switch but it sounds like this helmet could kill you instead, real easy.
Cool technology, thanks for sharing, but I'll keep my handlebars for now thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts