Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting! I have a problem with my motorcycle. When I drive it for a long time, it starts to trot at 8000 rpm only once, or it turns off, like when the key turns to turn off. I throw it in neutral, I try to turn it on, it doesn't turn on the pump, as soon as I turn the key off and turn it again, it turns on the pump, turns on and on .. Nozzles cleaned, new spark plugs, the pump keeps a constant 3 bar of pressure, there is no bent hose. No errors stored, full battery, holding power .. The only thing is that every time I turn off the ignition, sometimes my FI light flashes and in 90 percent of cases it doesn't, then when it flashes, it keeps my daily mileage and clock, and when it doesn't blink, which happens almost constantly, it doesn't always keep my watch. is at 01:00 and restarts my mileage. What can be the problem with that trolling when you drive a little longer and the power outage, every wire, every relay and every fuse is checked and everything is fine. THANKS!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What worries me the most is that I also checked the sensor when the engine overturns to cut off the power and it even works, but what worries me is that when I turn off the key, it's as if I took off its battery, it doesn't save the watch, it doesn't save daily mileage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And what I have to mention is that when I start the engine for the first 5 minutes, it is quite sharp on the gas, as soon as it works a little, when I give the gas it gets like a small dumpling, it goes very nicely but it has a dumpling ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, the engine is connected to the diagnostics, there is no error. Nozzles cleaned, spark plugs new, pump checked, current cables checked, sensor that motor overturned checked, hoses checked, it definitely looks like the computer is in question ..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very common issue.....
Although Kawasaki Australia says there has been no reported issues with Kawasaki ECU's from this era yet all through the forums is seems to have been an issue with Z1000, ZX6, ZX9, ZX10 etc...
Kawasaki no longer has the ECU available here in Australia and due to the immobiliser it is a pain to replace.
Mine first started overheating the ECU then I put a heat-sink and fan on it and that fixed that....But now in the last couple of days I have been having the issue that you are having. Just cuts out. Turn the key off and on and of it goes again.....for a little bit.
No error codes.
I was saving up to buy a Haltech ECU to put in the bike but now I will have to buy an ECU from the USA with out the immobiliser and modify the wiring to suit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ECU issues can cause some weird things to happen. My clocks don't seem to be affected.

When it was just overheating the ECU It would run really rough until it would stop. Leave it cool down then off you go again.
This would only happen in the afternoon on the way home from work after 40mins , never in the morning.

The current issue of it just cutting out after about half hour of riding only happens in the mornings doesn't miss a beat on the way home.

I think my bike is telling me to not go to work..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I really don't know what to do anymore and how to solve this problem ....
Either find an ecu repairer, get one from a wrecker bike but if you have a European bike you will need to send you old one and replacement one along with your keys to have it reprogrammed due to the immobiliser. Replace it with a US spec ECU with no immobiliser and change a little bit of the wiring. Or use a universal ECU like microtech, haltech etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The overheating ecu i fixed with a heatsink and CPU fan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greeting! I have a problem with my motorcycle. When I drive it for a long time, it starts to trot at 8000 rpm only once, or it turns off, like when the key turns to turn off. I throw it in neutral, I try to turn it on, it doesn't turn on the pump, as soon as I turn the key off and turn it again, it turns on the pump, turns on and on .. Nozzles cleaned, new spark plugs, the pump keeps a constant 3 bar of pressure, there is no bent hose. No errors stored, full battery, holding power .. The only thing is that every time I turn off the ignition, sometimes my FI light flashes and in 90 percent of cases it doesn't, then when it flashes, it keeps my daily mileage and clock, and when it doesn't blink, which happens almost constantly, it doesn't always keep my watch. is at 01:00 and restarts my mileage. What can be the problem with that trolling when you drive a little longer and the power outage, every wire, every relay and every fuse is checked and everything is fine. THANKS!!
It's not the ecu their bulletproof it's just a short somewhere probly the pins for the ecu plug or near it..have you wired any A.M **** up recently? If not check around the steering column for pinches...✌

·
Registered
7 Posts
ECU issues can cause some weird things to happen. My clocks don't seem to be affected.

When it was just overheating the ECU It would run really rough until it would stop. Leave it cool down then off you go again.
This would only happen in the afternoon on the way home from work after 40mins , never in the morning.

The current issue of it just cutting out after about half hour of riding only happens in the mornings doesn't miss a beat on the way home.

I think my bike is telling me to not go to work..
Dude I'm telling you it's a short it's not your ECU overheating check behind your steering wheel make sure your kick stands up clean your kickstand sensor. You don't need a heat sink on your ECU. Just check all the pins and make sure all the wires are good check for shorts. People are f** tripping send it back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I’m Joe from Hungary

Your problem only ecu issue
I replace 2 ecu and if the ECU is running 30-60 minutes and its overheat the bike running rough and stop.
I starting the engine and
If I press the ecu with my hand then it stalling again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts