Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really thinking of getting this bike. I drag race my cars regularly and was wondering what stock 1/4 mile times this thing gets. Would 8 sec 1/4 mile times be unrealistic to this bike with little modification?

·
Registered
3 Posts
the 2009 z1000 does high 10's in the quarter mile. the 2010 z1000 only has about 15hp extra i'd say it probably does mid to low 10's. 8 secs with little modification is not gonna be easy. plus you also need to know how to launch it properly. if you dont, you just end up doing a wheelie at the start.

·
Registered
47 Posts
8 sec. is busa and zx14 range...

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
My hopped up Gixxer didn't come close to that. 8 sec is going to be unrealistic! Don't mean to shoot you down but My gsx-r1000 cam'ed, Timing retard eliminator, full exhaust, PC3 (tuned) non stretched would only do mid 9's. Just sayin. Good luck though be careful. I personally would get another bike if you are wanting to drag race it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I totally agree with you, Curtie. Remember, 8.99999999999 is still 8's!!! haha

·
Registered
57 Posts
ride out to the track, run 10s .beat lots of race only cars and ride home happy. the next day take a nice 100 mile ride and get 40 plus mpg.
I used to drag race a lot. My car used to mid to high 12's. Which wasn't bad for what is essentially a pretty stock car. All i had done to the motor is upgraded turbos, air intake, full exhaust. I had no problems with most street legal cars. But as soon as I see a bike ready to line up with me I ask the guy behind me if he wants to go ahead. hahahaha. Even some of the slowest bikes in stock form are faster than a lot of heavily modified cars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
^Yeah. But they only allow that for test and tune days. Basically everyone lines up and whoever is beside you when you get to the line is the person you're going to race.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well guys I'm an avid motorcycle drag racer. I actually have the fastest 2nd gen Fz1 over on FZ1OA forum. My dad is prob going to be getting an 06 Z1 this weekend, I'm sure he will let me take it down the track a couple times. I believe I will run deep into the 10's on this bike. Guess I will definitely post up after I get some times on it.

My stock 08 FZ1 is running 10.06 @ 135mph. It does have a -1 front sprocket and an air filter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well guys I'm an avid motorcycle drag racer. I actually have the fastest 2nd gen Fz1 over on FZ1OA forum. My dad is prob going to be getting an 06 Z1 this weekend, I'm sure he will let me take it down the track a couple times. I believe I will run deep into the 10's on this bike. Guess I will definitely post up after I get some times on it.

My stock 08 FZ1 is running 10.06 @ 135mph. It does have a -1 front sprocket and an air filter.
Hell yea, keep us posted . . . I'm iterested to see what the first gen Z will do with an experienced dragster on it. Maybe a video perhaps???:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep just got a few things to do to it, minor things to fix on it. It's an 06 which I believe is the 2nd gen.

Anyone know who has the fastest Z1000 NA, no turbo, supercharger, or nitrous? I'm going after that time.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Yep just got a few things to do to it, minor things to fix on it. It's an 06 which I believe is the 2nd gen.

Anyone know who has the fastest Z1000 NA, no turbo, supercharger, or nitrous? I'm going after that time.
03-06 is 1st Gen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ahh ok got ya. Well we got some things done on the bike this weekend and took it for a spin. It had a bad handlebar shake while under hard acceleration above 80mph. I do believe it needs new tires which I hope that's all that it is, but it was a bit scary and I let out.

I've never had anything like that happen to me before on a bike. Do these things need a stabilizer to keep the handlebar happy?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ahh ok got ya. Well we got some things done on the bike this weekend and took it for a spin. It had a bad handlebar shake while under hard acceleration above 80mph. I do believe it needs new tires which I hope that's all that it is, but it was a bit scary and I let out.

I've never had anything like that happen to me before on a bike. Do these things need a stabilizer to keep the handlebar happy?
Were you able to get at least one good pass or was this just on the street? Really excited to find out what time you can get out of the Z.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
My 2007 runs 10.90 @ 126mph Ark pipe power com 41 rear sprocked

1 - 20 of 55 Posts