Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys ive just bought my first z1000 and i love it!!! paid £3400 on a 04 with 5600 miles on the clock with 1 owner from new :). ive just found out the hard way tho today that it needed a new chain and sprocket as the chain snaped on me thismorning :( didnt drop it tho so hopefully its not to much damage.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
hey there.... wow, chain snapped after 5600 miles on the ticker huh? crazy. I got 26,000 miles out of the original chain and sprockets.... chain never snapped either, I just replaced it b/c of the stretched spots in the chain. I hope thats the last of your troubles!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah its also done very little miles in the last 2 years so its most problaly been left un-lubed, probaly wont help ether :), n thanks im sure it will be the last of my troubles the bike its self is in vgc.

·
Registered
875 Posts
welcome to the madness, 8400 on mine and i ride hard. previous owner must have been a madman. i lube and adjust regularly though. had 26,000 on my zrx 1200 (bought new) bfore i changed it. then only because of the miles. had little wear.:welcome::screwy::screwy::screwy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts