Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just traded my second zrx for my first z1000, hope i did the right thing. bought brand new 2010, blackone. 8900 out the door. handles better and feels way stouter than rex. will know more after break in. been ridind for over 40 years. first bike was a ke 100. first real kawi was a 79 ltd 1000, had it for 10 years.next 85 gpz1100 fuel injected. 2 years. batted around somne other bikesuntil 2003. bought my first rex. blue and new. put 35,000 miles and one hard get off,at 10,000.fixed it and rode 25 more bfore buying ba sporster and selling rex.4 harleys later bought used2003 greenone. test drove the new z1000 and fought it for a week before i broke down and traded the rex off. we'll see. rick

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
you will like the zed better if you get over how great old school the REX was. i had one. i used to be a member of ZRXOA with a 2002 green ZRX [ greenmeany]. on rides one guy had a ZED, i never gave it much thought. something clicked while looking at one. now i am a full blown ZED HEAD. the zed is much lighter and handles way better. as much as i loved my ZRX i never thought it handled very well. and the seat, even a replacement mustang seat just killed my CROTCH. the stock seat on my 04 ZED is pretty good, no complaint. ENJOY

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have zrx in my blood. probably will have for a long time imo there is not a better all around bike made now or then. wanted a lighter bike. i'm sure i could have made the rex as fast with mods but was looking at putting alot of money in my used 28,000 mile bike. if i had put all the miles on myself might have done it, but bought the bike with 18,000 of someone elses miles.had a chance to recoup my money and start fresh. hope i made the right decision. rick :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
have zrx in my blood. probably will have for a long time imo there is not a better all around bike made now or then. wanted a lighter bike. i'm sure i could have made the rex as fast with mods but was looking at putting alot of money in my used 28,000 mile bike. if i had put all the miles on myself might have done it, but bought the bike with 18,000 of someone elses miles.had a chance to recoup my money and start fresh. hope i made the right decision. rick :D
i think every ride you will come to love the ZED more. if i could i would get another ZRX. back in the day i saw a org ELR kawa and just thought WOW. my 02 ZRX was a very good bike and i had great times on it. i wanted a more modern sport bike but i did not want the riding position at 63 years old. [ i am in good shape for a GEEZER] my 04 zed is 100% pure sport bike with a good riding position. i did not sell the ZRX for the ZED. i made the mistake that it was time to get a cruiser and sold the kawa for a honda cruiser. it took me about 3 years to figure out i was a naked sport bike fan still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts