Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been alot of discussion on Ivan's tunes. I have a 12 Z with a PC5. I plan on doing the Ivan's tune. My wife just got a 13 ninja 1000 which as we know is pretty much the same bike as the Z. The bike came with full exhaust but no tuning. As she is not looking to go balls out like me I figure the PC5 has got to be better than nothing. My question is, is there any advantage of keeping the PC5 with an Ivan's tune? I'm not worried about the work to remove and install the PC5 as I'm doing other work on the bikes anyways. So if there is no advantage on keeping the PC5 with the Ivan's I will remove it and put it on her bike. What do you all think?
Thanks for the feed back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only advantage is if you're constantly messing with it and tweaking it, and even then it's a lot of messing around for maybe a 1-2% gain.

If you don't have an autotune and/or you're not constantly changing maps, throw it on the other bike and call it a day. :)

Double check on the Dynojet site that they're compatible. Yes I know they're pretty much the same bike but pretty much the same doesn't always mean actually the same.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i got an 11 z new in 2012. Used Ivans flash from the start. IMO, if you plan to keep the bikes for any length of time, get Ivans flash on both.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
A GOOD flash has a lot more to offer than more power. Send them both in. This will save postage costs because if you dont send hers in, you will as soon as you ride your bike.

His flash, for this platform, is insane. I would recommend it for a pro, or a beginner. The throttle response is the reason. His flash gets big power, but more important, he wont settle for anything but perfect throttle response.

The power commander was ok, back when that's all we had, but it is obsolete. It's not worth the effort to install it. It doesnt get rid of fuel cut, or remove the low end restrictions.

·
Registered
276 Posts
per Ivan’s site on gen 4

The ones that cannot be fixed with an external fuel tuner or other commercially available methods)
a) All gear dependent maps fixed
b) Main fuel tables (A/n) - adjusted in all active throttle positions.
c) Vacuum based fueling tables (MAP)- adjusted in all active areas.
d) Emissions compliant sub-routines that affect driveability - turned off.

e) All system response delays (detuning items) - turned off.
f) Acceleration enrichment thoroughly tested and re-adjusted for perfect response.
h) Optimize injector timing for best power, response, mileage and combustion efficiency.
i) O2 sensors disabled - No need to unplug, or can be removed if desired.

2) Low gear power limiters removed
2a) Disable speed limiter (Ninja/SX)

3) Disable fuel cut for flawless throttle control

4) Re-program sub-throttles for max power and driveability at any rpm and throttle position

5) Cooling fans come on at 195 degrees

6) Reduced engine braking on decel

7) Disable Exhaust Servo error code
No need for exhaust servo eliminator (EXUP eliminator) anymore (Z1000 only)

8) Complete re-curve of ignition timing at all throttle positions

9) Raise rev-limit to 11,500 rpm

10) Anything that compromises performance and/or driveability is eliminated.

11) Disable O2 sensor function for stable fuel mixtures (EU & AU, 2017 & newer models only)
11a) Disable O2 sensor code to avoid error code from it's removal

12) Free upgrades when/if we make improvements. (shipping not included)

13) Return your ecu back to stock at no charge for any reason.
(shipping not included)

14) Answers to all your questions.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Zee Monkey, in other words, the pcv would help with problem 2, and that's it. That's insane to see it listed out like that, isnt it? That's what I meant when I said the pcv is obsolete.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
One fun thing I discovered about my ninja 1000...same flash as the z 1000.

For sure you get much improved/more power, and way better response. With Ivan's work, you also get crazy low speed response/low throttle opening control.

In fact, the low end response/control part is good enough that I was able to see that my speedometer will not display "3 mph"......it jumps between 2 and 4, but never shows 3. Try that with a stock 2011, or flashes that others sell.

This is nice because this is the exact response you appreciate when you are in traffic, working your way through a school zone, or in neighborhood

·
Registered
389 Posts
I sent my ecu frim Europe to the US. Dutch customs did **** me over with import duties! But it was wel worth the money!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts