Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a z1000 on my area for a while but could not find one the way I want. I'm looking for a z1000 silver/green year 14>. I live in Michigan.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
If you are looking for a bike in your area, especially a 2014, its highly unlikely you will find one unless you don't care about its condition.

For me, it took 6 months of searching to find one with low miles & I had to buy from a guy in Florida & pay $600 to have it delivered rather than putting on 1500 miles - I was lucky, the owner was meticulous & honest.

I am selling a 2016 but I believe we spoke by email & my bike was too much money - at $9500-8500 it has only 1800 miles, all my riding gear you can sell, $4k in upgrades & all the near new stock parts.

There are two 2014's on Cycletrader - I personally wouldn't buy a 14, 15 or 16*.

This 2016 below is a great deal at $7800 & 7000 miles here in Orange County - because the guy has already changed the pipes to Vance & Hines (too noisy), added the Fender Eliminator & the bike looks clean plus it might be owned by a Credit Union.

This next bile looks like a bone stock 2014* with only 1000 miles - a good deal for only $7500 & you could probably get it for $6500 from this dealer** in Indianapolis.

And here in Kentucky at a dealership, $7000 but they might sell it for $6000 but it has 8000 miles on it.

*unless it was factory built at the end of production after they upgraded the gearbox neutral & fourth gear internals.

Why buy a 14 versus a 15 or 16, do you like the colour of the front forks?

**dealers are hurting, especially with a cult bike like a Z1000

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Bottom Line; a lot of children buy the Z1000 new & realise its a Man's Motorcycle with differences like unbelievable power & torgue with unique handling due to the short wheelbase plus its natural beauty, all attributes that make it a Cult Bike, in all years of Production.

So after a few miles of OMG Ownership they sell the bike.

Or crash.

With low miles.

But this is the type of deal you are looking for; a Cult Bike, with low miles, in perfect condition, at a price you can afford.

You are probably going to have to buy out of state, to get the needle in the haystack.

It took me 6 months & fortunately I found the ad within 2 hours of the guy posting in Florida. I bought it in January & there was no way I was going to ride it back to CA during rainy hurricane season of February.

Owning a Z is a Privilege, you are headed in the right direction...

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Here is a mint 2012 a member is selling, the Z1000 is a timeless Motorcycle, a one off.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Pedro,

Did you buy the low mile 2014 in Indianapolis?

I see its not for sale this morning, if so, CONGRATULATIONS!

Today I am going for a ride, if you want I will check out the other 2016 in Orange County for you - let me know, I need to ride somewhere - going stir crazy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts